Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wth $

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't say it was the main reason or even one of the main reasons. I gave my opinion on what I see and what I know personally. It may be a small amount of the total added cost in the end but it is still a factor that the consumer pays for out of pocket. The money the workers earned does go back to my community and my freinds families which is good. There are a million factors that drive the cost up but I didn't get into all of them. Poor product design, poor mangement, making products inefficeint to keep costs down for them etc........

Old 02-15-2009, 06:02 PM

It does add to the price, just not a big fan of union bashing. I hear enough of it these days and you have to remember all unions are NOT the same. I'm a member of Local 669 Road Sprinklerfitters (Fire Protection) and I am still an apprentice. (Was a previous member of Local 2 Carpenter's Union) I do not disrespect anyone working non-union, everyone's gotta eat, but the Union argument is best left off of this website.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM

And Cbrclassic, +1 on this statement
"Lets face it ...if the car manufactures could pay less , they would jusy make more profit...not sell there cars cheaper !.."

Old 02-15-2009, 07:57 PM

The price of a car is set by the ability of the customer to pay. If sells slump, the price goes down, if sells go up....price does too. As I said b4, Banks made higher prices more affordable by extending the time you pay for a car. Dumbasses rushed in and bought cars they could afford the monthly payment, they had no reguard fo the actual price, sells went up and so did the price, so did executive pay and union pay. everyone was happy till people figured out they still had 3 years left to pay for a car that was now 4 years old and worn out. Customers have to start thinking b4 they buy.....same problem in housing.....

Old 02-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

*cough

I was actually referring to a bike cage but hey, rant on!

"If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments."

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it rains. "

"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves. "

"All I ask is the chance to prove that a lot of money can't make me happy."

Last edited by Endless; 02-15-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 PM

He was origionally talking about a stunt cage (or crash cage) lol, not a car

Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Talking

Haha we were talking about cars. I guess a cage is cheaper than what it cost's if you drop it hard after buying new levers and clip ons and mirrors and rearset pegs and body work it adds up so quick.