Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wth $

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wth $

Why do cages have to be so expensive?

Old 02-15-2009, 03:56 PM

Well, I could say:
1) high executive salaries
2) high labor cost
3) high dealer prophet
4) customer damand for luxury

But the truth is it has risen because the customer is willing to go into a dealership and be content with only knowing if they can afford the monthly payment. This attitude has led banks to issueing longer term loans to make the payment as low as they can, this led the manufacturers to raise prices and still sell cars...This is also why most people wind up, upside down on a car loan after a couple years.
A car is the worst investment you can make.
This may have been too much information but......I was bored.....

Old 02-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because we're not in India and many here place style, power and status over economy.

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...s_new_car.html

India's New $2,500 Car, The Tata Nano

The design language is in the same space as the Mercedes Smart car and the old Italian Isetta. At about 10 feet long, the Nano is 20% smaller than the cheapest car on the Indian roads right now, the Maruti Suzuki 800. The four-door, five passenger (if you’re skinny I think) car has a rear-mounted, 634 cc engine that gives 33 bhp.

Tata plans to make 250,00 initially and expects to sell 1 million annually. The Indian auto market is very hot, as growth lifts incomes and wealth in the country. Ford, Nissan, Fiat, Suzuki, Renault are all planning to increase production in the Nano space over the next couple of years. Think of 10 million additional cars on Indian roads in five years.

Tata says the Nano gets about 50 miles to the gallon and plans to bring out a diesel version.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Exactly what Rod said especially the high labor cost. Unions want the janitor at an auto plant to make 20+ dollars while next door at a different business a janitor makes 8 dollars.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:44 PM

How about we not talk about unions being as some members, like myself, are part of one.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

hmm. economy 101

since i am a stupid human i have to frivolously spend my hard earned under-payed cash
on things that have nothing to do with the actual merchandise i intend to have while "joe" is up in his high-rise office, sitting behind his desk getting over-payed for twiddling his thumbs and making up the ridiculous prices i will continue to fork over my life savings towards for things that i need in order to protect other over-priced things which i want to keep safe.

Do i have this right?

Old 02-15-2009, 04:54 PM

So since you are in a union it makes it off limits and not the truth? I have al lot of friends that work at the Ford plants here in Louisville Ky and make insane money for driving a forklift and assmbly work when the other factories around pay $10 hr for basically same work. I don't mean to offend you and respect workers of every walk of life. Hell if I know one pays more it is silly to do it for less and would strive for the higher paying also but that does add to the final cost.