Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF someone went through my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF someone went through my truck!

ok sorry i havent been on too much latley guys been busy moving, getting a new job, etc. Someone went through my truck tonight at work but didnt take anything. Checkbook, priscription pills, tools, tie downs, a .45 Sig Sauer pistol all still sitting there.. i think it was my ex wife. I mean who else would go through a truck and not take anything? and i mean i checked everything and nothing was missing but someone had been in my truck b/c the dome light was on and my ashtray was closed ( i keep my spare mags to my .45 in it) when i remember opening it and putting my mags in there right before i went to work, the only person that knows my truck doesnt lock is my ex-wife, I think she was just digging for info but it still pisses me off, i sent an e-mail to her we will see if she answers.......Sorry guys but im having to get on via dial up but should have high speed again soon and will be on more.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:53 AM
Default RE: WTF someone went through my truck!

you leave a gun/bullets in a truck u know you cant lock? sounds irresponsible.

Good thing no teenager got ahold of it.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:56 AM

let me clarify, i leave it in my center console which can lock and my ex has a key to, hows that?

but on a personal note, if their stupid enough to steal/take it and play with it and shoot themselves with it they deserve it. i personally think it would be funny if they stole it and shot themselves with it. i grew up around guns and was taught to respect them.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:03 AM

Glad nothing was taken mang...that sucks

Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: txn_driver

let me clarify, i leave it in my center console which can lock and my ex has a key to, hows that?

but on a personal note, if their stupid enough to steal/take it and play with it and shoot themselves with it they deserve it. i personally think it would be funny if they stole it and shot themselves with it. i grew up around guns and was taught to respect them.
What if they shot ur kid with it (saying u have one I dont know) Then it would be a whole other story right? Or someone else got shot with it. Just food for thought...

oh yea glad nothing went missing.. then u'd be in the same boat with Hardcorps... those damned theiving ghosts!

Old 11-16-2008, 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane
What if they shot ur kid with it (saying u have one I dont know) Then it would be a whole other story right? Or someone else got shot with it. Just food for thought...
I hate thieves. Cant stand them. No i dont have kids, when i do have some they will learn to respect/how to use guns also. my lady friend has a daughter, i take firearm securing very seriously. I believe if you need a gun you need it then, not unloaded with a gun lock in a gun safe. My .45 stays in a safe beside the bed with a keypad for quick entry.

its one very similiar to this one and is kept on the nightstand, close, quick to hand and SECURE

If someone esle got shot that would be bad and id feel sorry but in Tx the person that shot would get death penalty. using a stolen firearm in the action of another felony, auto death sentence.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If doorlocks for your truck are expensive, weld a metal toobox in the back and padlock it !
What's the penalty if someone steals your weapon in Texas, due to no locks ??. I wouldn't even bother with a consol lock, any 6 year old with a screwdriver can break into those.....[X(]
If you lose a weapon here, you get a suspended sentence for negligence, and all your licences are revoked. Only exception is if they rip the safe out of the wall or you're 'under a gun' to open the safe........

Old 11-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Say what you like but that irresponsible.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Shadow

If doorlocks for your truck are expensive, weld a metal toobox in the back and padlock it !
What's the penalty if someone steals your weapon in Texas, due to no locks ??. I wouldn't even bother with a consol lock, any 6 year old with a screwdriver can break into those.....[X(]
If you lose a weapon here, you get a suspended sentence for negligence, and all your licences are revoked. Only exception is if they rip the safe out of the wall or you're 'under a gun' to open the safe........
Technically if its under ANY lock, you get to keep your CHL and its a felony to steal a weapon in TX

Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 PM

what brand is your bed side safe? how do you like it? ive been in the market for one like that but have had mixed reviews

Quick Reply: WTF someone went through my truck!