Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WTF is goin on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is goin on?

Whats up with rain and racing.... it seems like MotoGP is runnin quit a few races in the rain.... Ive got a race this weekend in Kershaw, SC and theres supposed to be scattered thunder showers friday, saturday, and Sunday.... if it rains this will be the 3rd out of 4 races that its rained at this year for me.... ahhh im tired of racin in the rain.... im not scared to get on the track while its raining.... i just hate getting everything soaked, i.e. leather suit, helmet, gloves, boots, family.... its just makes a messy expensive weekend....

Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Default RE: WTF is goin on?

i sure hope it doesn't hit CMP.... but i have rain tires now, so maybe the race will go smoother now if it rains.... racin at Summit Point was the toughest most addrenaline rush ever runnin top speeds down the straights in a terrencial downpoor, gettin sprayed by all of the other racers, dodging and going through standing water in the turns.... shesh, dot tires dont work so good in the rain.... all of the expert riders were makin comments behind my back sayin "look at that rookie in DOT's theres a wreck for sure" but i didn't wreck at that race and didn't come in last, but pretty friggin close.... lets hope for a nice dry sticky track!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Default RE: WTF is goin on?

On the other hand, you have more experience in the rain which changes all the results even in motogp. May be it's going to be something that you are going to benefit someday. I don't think every rider has good riding skills on wet surface.

I haven't done my track day yet and I want to race one day. Well, preparation in progress!