F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Goin to the Gap!

Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goin to the Gap!

I just made my reservation for the Two Wheel inn for Oct 21 thru 23!I am goin solo and was wondering if anybody on here will be there that week.It would be nice to meet some new people to ride with.I am going to haul my 04 f4i in my truck for the ride down,It is about a 10 or 12 hour ride for me and figured it would just be easier.I just installed a PC3,K+N and a carbon Yosh pipe.I am going to have the bike dyno tuned this Saturday at Absolute Cycle in Linden NJ.Looking forward to the increase in power!I hope to hear from some of you,lets RIDE! Jim

Old 10-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Default RE: Goin to the Gap!

to the base of deal's gap it's exactly 666 miles from my house LOL

i'm from bloomsburg pa. if your'e ever in the area i'm always down for riding.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Retired Administrator

Have fun riding with the TN State Police... they like to single out you lone riders.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:09 AM

Yeah,I have been hearing that alot on here.I hope to fall in behind a group and try not to be solo too much.Are the cops bad everywhere down there or mostly just on the Dragon?Wish me luck!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:49 AM

i was there last weekend, and the only cops i ever saw were on the dragon. I HIGHLY recomend riding the Cherohala Skyway. not sure where the two wheel inn is so i can't give you directions. you'll have a blast

Old 10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Retired Administrator

We were cleaning up after a crash and just got to the point where it looked like we were stopping and talking about where we were going and two NC State police rode by on sport touring bikes. By the time I realized what they were, I couldn't tell much abou tthe bikes. Other than that, no. No LEO anywere else other than the dragon area. Hell, that can't have that many cops on the payroll. The Pit Stop is several miles after the dragon and cops are thick there too.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the advice guys.I am definately going to hit the Cherahala Skyway,I think it is about 20 miles from the two wheel inn.I got my GPS mounted on my bike so I don't think I will have a problem finding my way around.I really hope to meet some people to ride with down there!Counting the days.........

Old 10-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Hey man stay one extra day I'm going down there solo from WI! I'm leaving Milwaukee WI area probably on the 23rd after work and plan on stopping somewhere after Gary IN. I'm hoping to get there on the 24th between 12 and 3. I think I'm going to stay at the kickstand lodge I guess I have the whole bunk house to myself at $15 a night that isn't too bad. Maybe I can find some chicks down there to help me share it! Anyway if you can't stay an extra day that's cool but have a safe trip down and a safe ride around there! I would say post up anything fun to do for a solo rider but I won't read your stuff until I get back. =(

Mike

**Edit** Hey if you are going to try to get an extra day in down there PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:12 PM

PM sent Mike!

Old 10-14-2007, 04:29 PM

In preperation for the trip I installed a Jardine carbon fibre slip on,K+n and pc3.I had the bike dynotuned at Absolute Cycle in Linden,NJ.They managed to squeeze 6 hp out of my 04 f4i.I hoped for a little more but the guy who tuned it assured me I would really feel the extra ponies.He was right the bike runs awesome!It has more power everywhere and pulls stronger and smoother than stock.There are no dips or softspots anywhere in the power curve.Overall a worthy investment.I started packing for the trip,just one more week! Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goin to the Gap!