Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Words. They can't convey my anger right now.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomorrow is going to suck man!

Not getting over 20 MPH, full gear, lot's of stops and on an open parking lot

Not excited, but it'll be worth it!!

The only downside right now, besides the heat is that to try to beat the heat we start at 7AM. I'm an hour and a half away...so I gotta leave at 5:30AM, wake up at 5.

Ugh.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 PM
July 2008 ROTM

You only need to do it once and you have your license for life. Suck it up!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine

The only downside right now, besides the heat is that to try to beat the heat we start at 7AM. I'm an hour and a half away...so I gotta leave at 5:30AM, wake up at 5.

Ugh.
Take water. Lots off it.

Did the erc in high temps. Had to run to wawa for drinks else I might have passed out.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 PM

Yeah, I am ready for it. Bringing like 3 gatorades or something, not sure what yet...but definitely something to help me stay cool. Also, I used my leather jacket today. Never again (at the BRC). We didn't get going fast enough for it to really vent that well, it was alright but I still sweat in the sun.

I can suck it up! Should be worth it!

Old 06-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

For the range all you need is a long sleeve shirt.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Easy solution: go to the DMV and get your liscence. Forget the class, they are just there to make you feel warm and happy on the inside.
That has got to be the most retarded advice I have ever heard.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by vfrman
That has got to be the most retarded advice I have ever heard.
Then you must be 5. Or deaf. Or suck at riding and need the course. Either way, motorcycles have been around a lot longer then training courses have been and life hasn't ended. 98% of the people I know never took one and are still alive. Whats retarded is all the people who think rider training is or should be required. Granted in the OP's case it actually is by law so he has no choice.

Last edited by boredandstroked; 06-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:02 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine

Ugh.

Bro I woke up at 4am for work... you'll be fine!! Its def gna be worth it..

Old 06-20-2012, 02:28 PM

Then you must be 5. Or deaf. Or suck at riding and need the course. Either way, motorcycles have been around a lot longer then training courses have been and life hasn't ended. 98% of the people I know never took one and are still alive. Whats retarded is all the people who think rider training is or should be required. Granted in the OP's case it actually is by law so he has no choice.
I am 6, kind of deaf, and really suck at riding... what is that little lever on the left side by my foot for again?

Cars have been around for a lot longer than training courses, but you have to take one to get your license, and those are a lot easier to operate than a motorcycle. Maybe they should let people hop into helicopters and fly them with zero training.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:30 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Regardless of what you think, the MSF classes and safety standards are proven to be beneficial. Even insurance companies recognize that, by giving discounts to those who have taken the course. Everyone who is interested in riding a two-wheeled vehicle on public streets should have to take the course. And I bet you're in a very small minority of people who would disagree.

Quick Reply: Words. They can't convey my anger right now.