Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Words. They can't convey my anger right now.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I will head down tomorrow (today?) and see what happens. Wish me luck!

I know I have life good right now, but it was just really frustrating, I arranged plans, changed a lot of things for this to work, I wanted to get my license this week because in the northeast the season is so short.

Hopefully it all works for the best and I will see you all out there soon.

Ride safe!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In SoCal...you need to be 21yo to get your M1 license. You are lucky to be able to get your license at 18....speed bump. No need to be upset......there will be much more obstacle in life that we all faces.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Phone message? - what phone message? Are you sure you guys rang the right number?

Old 06-19-2012, 12:37 AM

Wow, really? 21?

You can get it here at 16. It just so happened that my 18th birthday was a few days ago. The MSF was paid for by my dad as a graduation gift. The only thing motorcycle related he's paying for too haha, but I don't mind. I think that me having to pay for my car, gas, bike, and all my other hobbies has made me respect my equipment more. I don't drive around in my car and show off because I know if I do something stupid and crash my car not only could I hurt myself, but I will be without wheels and that would suck.

Same with the bike, I don't plan to pop wheelies on the freeway or anywhere because I just can't risk crashing my bike, if I want to do wheelies it'll be on a dedicated stunt bike in a parking lot hahaha

I'm just a poor college kid now

That was pretty off topic though, hopefully tomorrow goes well. Very excited!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Phone message? - what phone message? Are you sure you guys rang the right number?
Haha, my parents are divorced, I can always say I was at my dads house and my mom was out of town or something.

We'll see.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I agree with all above. Show up and plead your case. Be polite. MSF classes have a student to instructor ratio of 6:1, which they cannot violate.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:47 AM

Well I was going to leave but had some issues getting out of here.

I did however get a call from the instructor today asking where I was.

Great. Just great.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Easy solution: go to the DMV and get your liscence. Forget the class, they are just there to make you feel warm and happy on the inside. And stop dealing with harley dealerships!!!!

Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 PM

In Maine to get a permit you need to take an 8 hour course, which costs money as well.

Then drive on that to get your license. Also, no insurance discounts.

Anyways, everything worked out. Update in a few, gotta eat.

UPDATE :

Alright, so I woke up this morning and decided I wouldn't go. It was going to be 3 hours in the car, gas, etc if they didn't let me in and I didn't want to do that.

So, I went back to sleep, but at 8:37 the instructor calls my cell phone (why the HD place didn't call me on this yesterday I have NO idea). He asks where I am?

So I was super confused at that point. Apparently he was never told the course was postponed, and so I asked if I could come now, he said yeah, just catch up later. So I got there 2 hours late and everything went good. All caught up because I did the reading beforehand (thought we had to) and that was helpful. Got a 98/100 on the 50 question test (really easy, just made a silly mistake) and doing good on the range, but the bikes are so weird...I don't like how the rear brake pedal or the shifter are located and the throttle has about 1/4 inch of free play before it picks up which makes it annoying when trying to roll the throttle.

Oh well, it's going good. Can't wait to get it done though, tomorrow is 95+ degrees. That should be fun...

Last edited by That Guy in Maine; 06-19-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Hell yea tomorrow is going to be really nice out!!

Nice job man. You'll have your license soon... no worries!

Quick Reply: Words. They can't convey my anger right now.