Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Winter Blues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Blues

Does any1 else suffer from the winter blues, bike getting parked up in the garage knowing she'll not be out for a least 5 month's, it's an awful feeling (this is Ireland not sunny USA lol),

it's hitting me hard this year I just wanna ride my bike

Old 11-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It has become different for me as I got older ... when younger it was frustrating not being able to ride in bad weather and, as much as I still absolutely love riding I don't mind the break anymore ... provided that is I got some decent summer riding in ... I like the seasons here, spring through autumn ... the winter gives me a nice break from riding to get on with other things and I think that is the answer here, is to have other things or be able to do other things when not riding :-) ... I love photography and walking, also I am not adverse to just sitting in the cottage all cosy on a cold winters day with a nice magazine and hot cuppa ... we have to program ourselves to like and do other things ... of course there is one other problem and that can be SAD (seasonal affective disorder) in our country, I suffer it badly at times but use a light box for an hour or two a day, trust me it can lift those winter blues right up and away :-)

Jules

Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

I feel your pain bro. It's still nice in the afternoons here, but it's been around freezing in the early mornings when I go to work and I'm too much of a candy-*** to take the bike in that kind of weather. So she sits...

In the winter I do find myself peeking out into the garage a good bit to gaze longingly at her and even sometimes hop on and make motorcycle noises. :-P

Old 11-04-2009, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by eweppley
In the winter I do find myself peeking out into the garage a good bit to gaze longingly at her and even sometimes hop on and make motorcycle noises. :-P
Lol phew and I thought that was only me....

Think your right Juliet, I think it's just the initall puttin her away hurt's more than not being out, I can already picture my winter night's, decorating the house (oh I hate painting)

I need a new hobby for those dark night's any idea's people (n keep it clean)

Old 11-04-2009, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Heedly

I need a new hobby for those dark night's any idea's people (n keep it clean)

Dark winter nights are great for getting all cosy and reading up on things, have to say I love being in my cottage and getting it all warm and cosy ... it can be blowing a gale outside or snowing but you can look out the window from your cosy warmth and have the soothing glow of the internet (your window on the world) ...watch a bit of TV, read, relax ... I will be doing lots of DSLR research this winter ... on those cold but bright days you will find me out walking with my camera just in case that picture you want presents itself ...and, yes ..often I will open the garage door and go in to see my bike, press the brake lever and make the little switch click ... I have three bikes in my garage and they take on a certain smell, a combination of oil/fuel/metal/rubber ..you know, that bike smell ... I love it,

another thing I do is plan routes and trips over winter, decided next spring I want to get back down the Llanberis pass where I filmed my "On Days Like These" video and get some nice shots of the bike with Dolbadarn Castle in the background, if I can :-)

Jules

Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM

Winter blues, pfft ya just gotta improvise! I trail ride with my 400EX more on icy snowmobile trails than summer dirt. There's a few nutz around that ride snowmobile ... thats just crazy talk!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Talking find a fixer not a gixer

hey bro , find a old honda with a little hope for cheap and do some fixen on , it dont matter if it takes twoo winters to complete , just something to stay buzy that relates to your hobby. peace

Old 11-04-2009, 08:58 AM

Was thinking of getting a trail bike, i've never done any off roading but have always had the notion for it, the problem over here though is somewhere ta use it without getting into sh*t with the cop's unless you know a farmer willing to let you use his land. The rest of the land is all protected and off roading is a big no no

Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
hey bro , find a old honda with a little hope for cheap and do some fixen on , it dont matter if it takes twoo winters to complete , just something to stay buzy that relates to your hobby. peace
Was also thinking of this I done up a 250 superdream a few years ago, would maybe consider building a track bike over the winter for the start of the new season....

Any1 know of any RC 30's going cheap

Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Heedly
Was also thinking of this I done up a 250 superdream a few years ago,

I still have my SuperDream ... I rebuilt it from the ground up, for kicks and because I just plain liked it ... I loved the sound of the superdreams with their stock exhausts, I have a picture somewhere of me with mine from when I was about 17 and a pic of it today against my RR :-) ... yes the bike is now 30 years old and I have had it for nearly 17 years :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: Winter Blues