Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why Would I Sell It?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of this is soooooo true; people that don`t ride can NEVER understand the enjoyment of a motorcycle.

I even went out on mine in the rain the other day, and I don`t mean to go to work or something (I do that anyway), I mean just to enjoy riding the bike.

Okay, yes, when it`s wet, it demands a different type of skill, as you can`t lean over the same, and you need to plan your approach to hazards much more, as the braking distances increase greatly, but at the end of the day, riding is riding.............

Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Maybe I am just lucky but I haven't encountered that attitude. Yet.
Heh, guy at work started regaling me of all his stories concerning 2 wheel accidents when he lived in Greece. His best one was about how a guy wrecked and was fine till they took off his helmet and his brains spilled out. It was like he was trying to scare me off the bike. Finally it got to the point where it pissed me off so I ask him "Wtf do you care if I ride? It's not like we're friends. So long as I don't highside over your car, STFU!"

He also freaked when he found out I carry outside the office (have never and will never cross company property lines with my gun). For a 6'5 245lb guy, he's a giant pu$$y

Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBalz
People that don't ride or have never ridden just don't understand and never will..............

Never more true words written ... something about the freedom on a bike ... just can't explain it to 'em

Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask them if they would sell their car if they got into a wreck or if they would never live in a house again if their's burnt down... It's pretty much the same rationale. The difference between us and them is that most of us understand the risks and have come to terms with it.