Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why Would I Sell It?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Would I Sell It?

So I am in week 3 of 6 of my recovery on my broken shoulder from my off and I am constantly having to put up with people asking me if I am going to sell my bike and walk away.

I really dont understand this concept. Yes I wrecked my bike, yes I broke my shoulder, but why the hell would that make me want to stop riding? The way I look at it if I survive something that just means that I am stronger than that. I made it through 10 years of street riding until I wrecked and I have done it twice this season. It isnt something I would recommend, it definitely hurts the wallet especially when you dont let the insurance company handle the bill, but in no way does it make me want to pack up my bags and quit...

Have any of you all run into this rationale from people you know?

Old 11-21-2009, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

yep. pretty much everybody who never rides a motorcycle will think you're absolutely out of your mind.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 AM

I'm recovering from braking my collar bone and having surgery on it. I don't ride on the street anymore, track only, but I'm not getting rid of my bike anytime soon. Wrecking is just part of it. There's nothing like being on your bike and riding.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim

People that don't ride or have never ridden just don't understand and never will..............

Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
So I am in week 3 of 6 of my recovery on my broken shoulder from my off and I am constantly having to put up with people asking me if I am going to sell my bike and walk away.

I really dont understand this concept. Yes I wrecked my bike, yes I broke my shoulder, but why the hell would that make me want to stop riding? The way I look at it if I survive something that just means that I am stronger than that. I made it through 10 years of street riding until I wrecked and I have done it twice this season. It isnt something I would recommend, it definitely hurts the wallet especially when you dont let the insurance company handle the bill, but in no way does it make me want to pack up my bags and quit...

When I totaled my ZX-6 my next door neighbor sold me his FZR 600 for cheap, so I was lucky I guess.

Glad to hear you are still going to ride. Fall off a horse, you get right back on eh.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:06 AM

i never understood this concept myself after i wrecked my ole 954 and was stoved upfor a while.. repeatedly friends and family asking my about selling my bike and quit riding.. i asked them if they hit a deer with there car would they quit driving? now i have a new(to me) 954 and im still riding..

Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Yep. My leg wasn't even bad and I didn't wreck the bike, and people were still all O.o ZOMG UR GONNA RIDE AGAIN AREN'T U SKURRD?!?!?!?!

Got annoying. Nobody ever says that after a car wreck.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually heard from people who play life safe. They don't understand how anyone could do something that increases the chance of injury or death. So when something happens, they expect you realized that you're 'making things worse'. They don't realize the second they step out the door, they 'made things worse'

My mom told me something young (people prolly woulda reported her to Child Services today for it). She said I was gonna die one day (by her hand if I backtalked again ). That we're all born dying. So it matters less when I die and more what I did before that day

When I went for my little slide my girlfriend kept me from blowing my stack because of how she was acting. She was cursing the bike and flying around the apt trying to help fix me up (wth did I need 3 first aid kits for???). The only time I got mad was when I found the bike wasn't ridable cause of the bent fairing stay and she said "Good"

Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're just hoping you've finally come to your senses..........we're all mad you see

All the comments on here are correct , they (non riders) just don't understand and never will.

I can understand a guy quitting street riding and just riding the track , some things you do on track you just can't do on the street and if that's what turns you on you got no choice , but to quit altogether? NO WAY!

Old 11-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Most of the people in my world have been riders. Mom and Dad were both instructors on the motorcycle course...After years of begging they bought me my first bike at 8 years of age. They always encouraged me to ride even after the get offs that hurt. I became an instructor myself.
Some of my students were inspirational. One lady I taught was very nervous. It turns out she had been in an accident and was dragged under the car by a drunk driver for 200 yards.
My folks hung around with riders so a lot of my influences were from experienced riders. they also encouraged riding... even the ones who had suffered terribly from accidents. One of our close friends spent a year in a coma and had his face reconstructed after a Coke truck pulled out in front of him. He used to say," if you don't like my face its the skin off my ***." Strangely enough he was able to grow a beard!???
Even my shift at work is mostly riders.
Maybe I am just lucky but I haven't encountered that attitude. Yet.

Quick Reply: Why Would I Sell It?