Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

How to sell/buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to sell/buy?

Hello,

I was wondering how people are selling and buying items from other riders over the internet. How do you know you're going to get the product or money for the barter? Is it based off the honor system?

For example, I have some vortex levers that I would like to sell to another cbrforum member, how would I go about arranging that sale? Anyone have experience selling items off of ebay? Thanks, all answers are greatly appreciated.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_CBR_600rr
Anyone have experience selling items off of ebay? Thanks, all answers are greatly appreciated.
I've bought and sold on eBay and also several member forums. On eBay, as a buyer, I study the seller's feedback. If they have a lot and it is 99% or more positive I feel okay in buying from them. As a seller I set up my auctions that I will only accept payment from verified Paypal users and I will only ship to the verified address on record.

On the forums, if someone has been a member for a long time I have a better feeling about buying and selling with them.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long its done through paypal, everybodys covered. I buy and sell all the time on here and on Ebay. Have had no problems. If you sell something on here, they drop it in your paypal account under your email address and you send it out(I always get or purchase a tracking number) for me and the customer. Send it out within 3 days, everybodys happy.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

But as you know(?), you have to have a 100 post to sell on CBRForum.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:41 PM

I understand how to buy and sell on ebay, that's no problem. I'm also aware of the "Senior Members are only allowed to post sales." What I don't understand is how you sell to people on this forum. Unfortunately I have no idea how to sell an item on ebay. I have a paypal account. So once someone says, "hey i'll buy those levers" how is payment transferred and items are sent? If I have an item that's not on ebay, is there no other way to get that item to the member who wants to buy the item? Sorry for the confusion, I just want to know how it's done.

I'm working on the "100 posts" thing. I am trying to be more active on the website. This site is really great for new riders, I've learned a lot from other riders' experiences and feedback. In that sense, I should have the 100 posts quick.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:46 PM

(for doing it on CBRforum)
Get 100 posts, set up a paypal account, post up that you have an item for sale, agree to terms with buyer (price, shipping, timeframe) wait for them to send payment through paypal, payment clears then you ship

Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lanceam24
(for doing it on CBRforum)
Get 100 posts, set up a paypal account, post up that you have an item for sale, agree to terms with buyer (price, shipping, timeframe) wait for them to send payment through paypal, payment clears then you ship
Pretty much. Shipping you get quotes off the UPS,FedEx, USPS websites. Make sure you get a tracking number when you send it(for both seller&buyer). Its easier for everybody if you give a shipped price so figure out shipping b4 hand and include that in the price(but still must be fair as if they could just go to the store down the street and buy it for about the same price, so sometimes you have to take a little less for your parts, sometimes). If you cant get it at the store down the street, you can be firm on what you want $$. PM me if you need help when you start doing some transactions.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:27 PM

Okay. Thanks I will consult with you when I'm ready. Thanks

Old 10-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

Thats cool man. Hit me up.