Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why are some people just different?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad600RR
ya normally i do...funny part is most the time its someone that doesnt even have a bike...tellin you, you need a bigger one.

Haha so true. But yeah today at the strip i had atleast 2 people say if i wanted a drag bike i should have gotten atleast a 1k. I told him im just here to have fun with a friend. Im not trying to set records.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been over than 1000 vs. 600 a million times. in my opinion theres absolutly no need for the power of a 1000 on the street. a 600 with a little work done is way more than enough. i mean is it really that much more cool to go 30mph faster on the street than me??

Old 03-28-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
ive been over than 1000 vs. 600 a million times. in my opinion theres absolutly no need for the power of a 1000 on the street. a 600 with a little work done is way more than enough. i mean is it really that much more cool to go 30mph faster on the street than me??
I think anyone that owns a bike has had the debate 1000X.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 AM

and hooollyyyy jesus if someone should choose a sport tourer.....my first bike was a ninja 650R. the amount of crap i caught from supersport riders was insane. yet im the one going for 4 hour rides with no cramps or *** hurting, while still being able to hit 140 on the interstate not to mention out launching supersport 600s all day long.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
and hooollyyyy jesus if someone should choose a sport tourer.....my first bike was a ninja 650R. the amount of crap i caught from supersport riders was insane. yet im the one going for 4 hour rides with no cramps or *** hurting, while still being able to hit 140 on the interstate not to mention out launching supersport 600s all day long.
Ive got nothing against em. I mean i take 5-6 hour trips on my RR with my hand cramping but my cramp buster solved that issue. haha

Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Haha so true. But yeah today at the strip i had atleast 2 people say if i wanted a drag bike i should have gotten atleast a 1k. I told him im just here to have fun with a friend. Im not trying to set records.

lol...everyone wants to be the smart guy....thats like sayin if u wanna have a drag car u need a top fuel dragster.....cuz apparently thats the only thing that can do down the drag strip....ill ride my pedal bike down the strip if i want

Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 AM

i think most bikes are cool in their own way. i want a late 80s-early 90s honda hawk or a ducati monster as a second bike just for something fun to mess around on. Theres some nice custom choppers and harleys ive seen that i wouldnt mind having either (not necesarilly occ style outrageously custom) but nice all matte black bobbers. Everyones got their own preference and its about having fun so if you enjoy what youre on who the hell cares. I dont make fun of kids i see on older busted up bikes. Its what they have and they enjoy it or else they wouldnt be out on it. Im sure everyone here that has a 600 will eventually upgrade to something bigger at some point but until thin i dont feel "inadequate" or like im "less" cause im on my little f4i. Its the retards that get the 1000s just because they think theyre cool or bigger/faster and cant ride a 250 if their life depended on it that should be getting flamed.

edit: oh and yeah cbr i got my ambien prescription refilled finally .....has some interesting side effects but definitely works

Old 03-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i think there is something wrong with people like that. i was at mcdonalds about a month ago. i'm coming out of the store, walking towards my bike, just threw my bigmac and fries into my backpack, getting ready to go home, so i can eat. some azzhat walks up...

him, "hey man, nice bike how fast have you gone on that?"
me "fast enough..."
him "ya i used to have a ninja, got my license taken away"
me "oh ya?"
him "oh ya, it was a 600, i was doing over 230mph"
me "thats pretty fast"
him " ya, i've been faster than that, but it was just this time i didn't want to go as fast and a cop cought me"
me "o really"

meanwhile, he's chewin dip, which i don't care, i used to do it... but i never had it all caked around my mouth and gunked up in my mustache of peach fuzz hair above my lip. anyways, where i'm going with this... he's stairing at my bike, then grabs the throttle, starts twisting it. then he spits... and his dip spit lands all over my clutch cover and frame.... and you think he'd apologize, or wipe it off, do something, but no, he just acts like everything is fine.

i unlock my helmet, tell him i'm leaving, and to get the f*ck away from me, and take off...

WHO DOES THAT!? obviously a few people considering that a lot of us have stories like that. i was so pissed though. and why not come up to someone and say, man, i've been thinking about getting into bikes. any tips? do you love it? instead of blatantly lie trying to impress someone when its obvious you don't ride because you know nothing about it.

and here's a vid that is a pretty good story in itself if you haven't seen it *NWS* for language

yuuutttt-uugghhh! its a gixxer 600,750, and 1000 all in one!

YouTube - Craigslist Stunt Police

not that i think these stunters are really cool, but i can't believe a guy that has no idea what he's doing is trying to teach kids to stunt with ads on craigslist

Last edited by Conrice; 03-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:29 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

woooooo there conrice man you forgot to take off your gloves, and cover the rear hand brake... you know the on on the right side...

Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

well i'm just not comfortable pulling the clutch lever with one finger... and i dont have a big enough rear sprocket to do the donuts...

Quick Reply: Why are some people just different?