Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why GIXXERS?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why GIXXERS?????

i agree w/ woodyracing....

but, there's a guy i went to school w/ who drives the yellow/black anniversary edition trans am (like roger lockless) and didnt have it up for sale, but was offered $25K for it. he has NO riding experience, what.......so ever. his three options if he sells his car apperantly are as follows....

'06 GTO, "06 ZO6, or a .........hayabusa 1300

i have no problem w/ people thinking they look "cool" or not, ride whatever the hell you want, but its things like that (see above), which make me cringe. not that im wishing it upon him, but i know him well enough to know he'll probably f*** himself up on the hayabusa! and yes, knowing him......its also for the "cool look" and "mines bigger" factor.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harry

I dont know why you took that personally. It wasn't meant forpeople like youwho know bikes and genuinely like their gixxers for legitimate reasons. It was aimed at those people this thread is aimed at, the teenagers who dont have a fricking clue about bikes but have to have a gixx because all the cool kids have them.
sorry but that is ignorant, not everybody lives on online forums like a lot of us seem to, so when somebody young wants to buy a sportbike, most of them only have what they hear from people they know that ride. Not everybody knows everything about sportbikes before they buy one, most don't know where to find out all of this stuff, but as I said in my previous post, Suzukis are cheap, available, and fast so it seems to most new riders to be a very good choice. Should a new rider go into a Honda dealership and buy a new 600RR for quitebit more money just so that people like you want make judgements about them based on what bike they bought?

I bought an F4i for my first bike when I was 16 and didn't know anything about bikes. I only bought a Honda because I found an awesome deal and wanted a fuel injected 600. I could have easily bought a GSX-R had I found one for the right price, they were/are by far the most popular bikes in my area at the time and I hadn't gotten into the forums thing too much so all I knew was that they were good bikes. Its nice to know, had I started on a different bike, even if I had done the same things and ridden the same way, I would have been judged differently by so many people because the bike I boughtwas apopular one!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

I don't care what people buy with there own money-I was just saying that I think it's funny that just about every wanabe rider or young kid says they want a GSX-R-that's all. I was very into the custom car and truck world for a long time and it was the same with Civic's and S-10's-both nice vehicles and tons of parts, but they are a dime a dozen. I have a custom Dakota Becasue I like to be differant and have something that not every one has in the area. SureI could have saved money modding an S-10, but it would just be one in the crowd-you don't see to many modded Dakotas where I live. In my areaI have one of the few clean F4's and I have only every seen one this year like mine and it was not the same color, but there are tons of GSX-R's of every year around here. Hell my buddy has a 06 GSX 600 Katana andI would have rather seen him get a GSX-R, but that was not my choice.

I don't hate on bikers as long as they are cool-ride what you want, but know what you ride.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:48 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

The world runs on fashion, not engineering.
uh-oh..better switch college majors...hell why not switch to being gay if fashion is cool...(no offense to anyone, just being an engineer, i like reliable, and designed right.) the honds bikes havent changed all that much besides modernization.

plus ive wanted a cbr600 since we bought my first honda 90cc fourwheelwe when i was 7...

Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM

i thought it was funny cause today as i was walking out of wal-mart i saw a gsx-r parked outside. right when i walk by i hear another motorcycle coming and i look, guess what it was. a gsx-r.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM

if i didnt have a honda i would go with r6... i love hoe the tank just grabs hold of you.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM

I was out with one of my ridin buddies at sonic just sittin there. He recently rebuit his06R6and doesnt have any brand markings on his bike anywhere and a few of the young marines came over to talk to us saying how nice his Gixxer was and asking what happened to it. We both just kinda laughed when they said Gixxer...haha. They dont even look close to the same but w/e....guess they do to someone who knows nothin about bikes.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

I dont know why you took that personally. It wasn't meant forpeople like youwho know bikes and genuinely like their gixxers for legitimate reasons. It was aimed at those people this thread is aimed at, the teenagers who dont have a fricking clue about bikes but have to have a gixx because all the cool kids have them.
sorry but that is ignorant, not everybody lives on online forums like a lot of us seem to, so when somebody young wants to buy a sportbike, most of them only have what they hear from people they know that ride. Not everybody knows everything about sportbikes before they buy one, most don't know where to find out all of this stuff, but as I said in my previous post, Suzukis are cheap, available, and fast so it seems to most new riders to be a very good choice. Should a new rider go into a Honda dealership and buy a new 600RR for quitebit more money just so that people like you want make judgements about them based on what bike they bought?

I bought an F4i for my first bike when I was 16 and didn't know anything about bikes. I only bought a Honda because I found an awesome deal and wanted a fuel injected 600. I could have easily bought a GSX-R had I found one for the right price, they were/are by far the most popular bikes in my area at the time and I hadn't gotten into the forums thing too much so all I knew was that they were good bikes. Its nice to know, had I started on a different bike, even if I had done the same things and ridden the same way, I would have been judged differently by so many people because the bike I boughtwas apopular one!

+1. The ONLY reason i got my F4i is because i found a good deal. Like Woody, i wanted a FI 600, thats it. I would have just as soon bought a GSXR had i found something cheap sooner.

BUT 90% of the time a GSXR is brought up its by someone who obviously knows even less about bikes than i do, which is pretty sad in itself, but they (90% of gsxr riders/gsxr wannabes) give the impression of the previously mentioned "holier than thou" menatility PURELY because i ride a honda. I cant even go to the ****ing gas station without getting yelled at by some GSXR wannabe/rider about how they are more powerful than God and that my honda blows. thats just my persepctive.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

I dont enjoy the ignorant remark. I'm sorry, but i never said I was judging anyone. I base my opinions on a case by case basis, I dont judge the book by its cover so to say. I have no problems with gixxers or those that ride them, but I was just agreeing that the punk kid category seems to migrate towards gixxers. Hell, to most people I probably fall into that category. I ride with a pack of gixxers regularly, the bike itself isn't in question here. I think the guy who started this thread was just making an observation from his experience about how squids seem to migrate to gixxers, not start a gixxer bashing thread. Nobody called you or anyone like you anything bad.

As for which is better, who can say? All of the japanese sportbikes are on par here in canada in terms of price, so that doesn't lend into our calculations, and as bikes nobody except for a seasoned track rider will tell much difference, they're all so competitive now.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:43 PM

yeah sorry, didn't mean it quite as harsh as it came off. that was rude and I apologize.

but I stand by my post, you did make a judgement. You bashed new riders with Suzukis for not knowing anything about bikes and for buying them because "all the cool kids have them" (aka: they are popular motorcycles). Your forming an opinion about mostly NEW riders because of the brand of motorcycle they bought, as if they already know that doing so will make people like you look down on them for it

My point here is simply that yes, Suzuki's are popular with squids, but they're also popular with new riders, experienced riders, trackday riders, racers, and everybody in between; in short they are POPULAR, and for some reason riding a popular bike is very unpopular these days (I feel a paradox coming on but I'll ignore that).

Quick Reply: Why GIXXERS?????