Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why GIXXERS?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why GIXXERS?????

I like both of my CBR's. Both VERY fun bikes but one ride on my brothers 01 GSX-R 1000 (no..its not a gixxer) and I decided that I had to have one. It was heads and tails better than my 99 900RR in every way except weight on the wrist. Mine is an 02 1000 as seen in my sig. I personally like the looks of the 01-4 only. The newer ones do not appeal to me at all. I have ridden every Honda liter bike up to the 1000RR (never riden) and the GSX-R beat it (for me personally) in every way with the exception that the 954 has a MUCH shorter reach to the clip on's. It does seem to be a "me too" bike, kind of like a Busa. A case of smallpeapeitis on some occasions.

Oh its definitely an "I'm an idiot, look at my cool bike, its just like eveyone else's" scenario
That is a pretty general statement and I assure you I didnt buy it for the image some think it portrays.

No......they dont ask about the CBR at the GSX-R boards. LOL. Nice thought but they are all too busy stroking their own egos. LOL. They dont care much about what happens outside of the GSX-R world. Again, not all are like that, but most of the goons are that way.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM

i started out on gsxr's and took me a while to know the term gixxer....but i went with zuki cuz of the 750....its the perfect middleweight for trackdays and for some one over 200lbs.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Its for the same reason that when you pull into a Starbucks on a friday night around 9:30, you will see anyhwere from 5-10 STi's, all with the same body kit, mostly the same color and the same mods. One d-bag "too cool for school" kid gets one, then all his friends get one, and it becomes a trend. that trend, while excellent for suzuki, mandates that if you want to be a cool kid you get a Gixxer. i'd be willing to bet that most of those kids can't tell you a single spec about thier bike, and if you took the stickers off and lined up and R6, a CBR, a ZX and a GSX-R, they couldn'ttell them apartthem.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:58 PM

i'd be willing to bet that most of those kids can't tell you a single spec about thier bike, and if you took the stickers off and lined up and R6, a CBR, a ZX and a GSX-R, they couldn'ttell them apartthem.

OOOOOHHHHH

I like games like this......I'll play.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Banned

if you took the stickers off and lined up and R6, a CBR, a ZX and a GSX-R, they couldn'ttell them apartthem.
I agree... I can't tell them apart. They all look alike. Fully faired bikes look like old bars of soap with wheels. I like/hate their looks all equally. I think part of the problem is that most sportbike riders grew up looking at econoboxes and thinking that is what a car looks like. Guys like my father grew up where cars were rolling sculptures, I grew up with American musclecars like Chrome bumpered Vettes, ChevelleSSs and on a good day A 'Cuda with goodies popping out of the hoods, many of you grew up thinking a Honda Civic is a good looking car or even an STi (hideous). Going to car shows, you see people walk by a Shelby Cobra (early sixties) and old Vettes and say 'that old car is shiny', but the same person will OOOh and AHHHH over an Evo IX with a little carbon fiber. Forget that the EVO is faster, it is FUGLY. Forget that the EVO can stop, it is just ghastley to look at and listen to.

So the discussion of whether a CBR is better looking than a GSXR is kinda dumb, they are all kinda ugly but most of the people out there are too brand loyal to notice.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Gixxers" are like Honda Civic's. EVERY flipping wannabe ricer has a Honda Civic with a HUGE annoying muffler, step-ladder spoiler and still can't drive worth s**t. Not saying that Honda Civics are bad cars, but these ricers make them out to be. Same goes with GSX-R's.......you have all the boy-racers that are now interested in bikes choosing the GSX-R and ruining they're already awful appearance.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

I like both of my CBR's. Both VERY fun bikes but one ride on my brothers 01 GSX-R 1000 (no..its not a gixxer) and I decided that I had to have one. It was heads and tails better than my 99 900RR in every way except weight on the wrist. Mine is an 02 1000 as seen in my sig. I personally like the looks of the 01-4 only. The newer ones do not appeal to me at all. I have ridden every Honda liter bike up to the 1000RR (never riden) and the GSX-R beat it (for me personally) in every way with the exception that the 954 has a MUCH shorter reach to the clip on's. It does seem to be a "me too" bike, kind of like a Busa. A case of smallpeapeitis on some occasions.

Oh its definitely an "I'm an idiot, look at my cool bike, its just like eveyone else's" scenario
That is a pretty general statement and I assure you I didnt buy it for the image some think it portrays.

No......they dont ask about the CBR at the GSX-R boards. LOL. Nice thought but they are all too busy stroking their own egos. LOL. They dont care much about what happens outside of the GSX-R world. Again, not all are like that, but most of the goons are that way.
I dont know why you took that personally. It wasn't meant forpeople like youwho know bikes and genuinely like their gixxers for legitimate reasons. It was aimed at those people this thread is aimed at, the teenagers who dont have a fricking clue about bikes but have to have a gixx because all the cool kids have them.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:15 PM

I agree with all of you-i just wanted to see what other riders had to say on this topic. I have seen some GSX-R's look good, but over all i'm not a fan of them. Really i'm not a fan of very many new bike no matter waht the brand is-they are ugly IMO. IMO one of the best looking bikes for 08 is the Ninja 250R and I would never own a bike that small. When it's time to replace my old F4, I will be looking for a nice low mileage older bike like a RC51 or a 954.I would even do an older 636 if the price was right.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:44 PM

we should be getting pretty close to the 1,000 gixxer=squid thread, aren't we? gotta be close

Suzukis are cheap, fast, backed up by race results (in the US especially), are advertised well, and are very available so they are popular, which means more new riders will get them for their first bike before they know better and unfortunately a lot of them get sucked into the squid lifestyle. Suzukis are very popular at the track as well, so I wouldn't suggest making statements like saying Suzuki riders are squids and don't know how to ride, because thats an easy one to disprove. Go do a trackday the Friday before a race weekend and lets count the number of GSX-R riders that make you look like a snail and then watch them change their tires in 15 minutes between sessions while your gasping for breath and still in shock.

why is it that Honda riders seem to adopt a holier than thou attitude towards Suzuki riders?
and why does it even matter to ya'll if somebody just rides to "look cool"? nobody is forcing you to be their best friend, ride your own ride and let everybody else do the same

Old 11-13-2007, 02:54 PM

I dont know why you took that personally.
Uhm............I didnt. I was simply offering a veiw from the other side of the fence. That's all. [sm=proof.gif]

Quick Reply: Why GIXXERS?????