Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why do people hate on FORD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krux
People typically get jealous of the better brands so they have to rip it apart for some reason. Hence people trying to rip on Ford. Of many car manufacturers Ford is doing great as of right now compared to the other American auto manufacturers. If you look at tsb's too on a Ford there really isn't that many problems. Ya I mean some of the cars might have a higher one than normal but over all not to bad.
that goes for all of em tho outside of financials.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother owns a hire car business, limos & stretches, all of them Ford's
He is by his own definition, a Ford nut. He has Ford T shirts & caps, Ford posters & beer holders in his bar (read garage with a beer fridge & pool table). He loves the Bathurst long week-end V8 supercar races & gets really pi**ed if Holden wins (GMH). My brother in laws wife just bought a V8 Ford & is planing on spending some serious money on upgrades.
Personally I don't have anything against Ford's, like I don't have anything against most car manufactures, I don't have a brand loyalty.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because their management has its collective head up its ***. Worked at the Atlanta Assembly Plant for 12 years. That plant was the best in quality and efficiency in the Ford system for years on end. We won the Harbour Award for efficiency for several years. That covered all of North America and included Honda, Toyota, Kia, etc., as well as GM and Chrysler. We were one of the first plants to be shut down.

Currently, Ford seems to have their finger on the pulse of what people want and they are doing well. But that is cyclical at best. It won't be long before the execs stick their heads up their *** again and decide what the public needs is tiny, ugly, puke-green p.o.s. mobiles ...

And that, my friend, is why I drive a Toyota ... and hate Ford.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All brands when examined under extreme scrutiny will show some flaws. they all have the strong and weak points.

i personally like the chevy/gmc styling over the ford. but i would not turn down a good deal on anything, be it ford, chev, toyota, or dodge.....

i am a fan of performance in general, not just because of the logo on the hood.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 AM

People rip on Ford for the same reason GM and Dodge get ripped on, because the guys doing the ripp'n, think they have a better vehicle.

The funniest part about it is, most people like one or the other, and truly don't know why. For the most part, its: my family has owned them, and thats what I started to drive, so it must be the best. Or when they were a teenager, they saw a movie, and thats what sparked their interest in a certain car. Most brand loyalties never started with a spec sheet, they started with an emotion.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
People rip on Ford for the same reason GM and Dodge get ripped on, because the guys doing the ripp'n, think they have a better vehicle.

The funniest part about it is, most people like one or the other, and truly don't know why. For the most part, its: my family has owned them, and thats what I started to drive, so it must be the best. Or when they were a teenager, they saw a movie, and thats what sparked their interest in a certain car. Most brand loyalties never started with a spec sheet, they started with an emotion.
Thats about the truth of it there

Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

[quote=justasquid;876439]People rip on Ford for the same reason GM and Dodge get ripped on, because the guys doing the ripp'n, think they have a better vehicle.

The funniest part about it is, most people like one or the other, and truly don't know why. For the most part, its: my family has owned them, and thats what I started to drive, so it must be the best. Or when they were a teenager, they saw a movie, and thats what sparked their interest in a certain car. Most brand loyalties never started with a spec sheet, they started with an emotion.[/quote]

couldnt have said it better myself. this is the answer to the whole thread in a nutshell...

Old 01-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Yeah I drive a Toyota and a Porsche hehe no Ford here.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Yeah I drive a Toyota and a Porsche hehe no Ford here.
ewwwwwwwwww n ewwwwwwwwwwwww lol

Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM

2005 and up mustangs...yuck

That is all...

Quick Reply: Why do people hate on FORD?