Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who makes a good set of frame sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes a good set of frame sliders?

Im lookin into gettin a set of frame sliders for my 08 1krr and wanted to know in your opinions who makes a good solid set, im not to keen on the thought of drilling a whole into my fairing so hopefully there is a nice tough set of no cuts i can, thanks for the input.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:44 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I think you will drilled from most forum members on the no cuts. Here is a prime example of why: https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/dropped-my-bike-morning-118621/

I think most people will tell you Vortex and Woodcraft are the best. I have a set of Vortex on my F4i and 600RR. The kickstand gave out once on my F4i and the bike fell on its side but there was no damage to anything because of the slider, even the puck didn't have any marks on it so I suggest vortex cut sliders. Just my

Old 11-17-2010, 04:15 PM

so it looks like the way the no cut sliders mount up they bend easier and put pressure on the motor which in turn can cause it to f-up the motor if it goes down, is this cause the no cuts mount to the motor somewhere but drilled sliders mount to something stronger and safer?

Old 11-17-2010, 04:40 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that both cut and no cut sliders use a engine mount to attach to the bike. The difference is the cut sliders directly uses the engine mount bolt to connect the slider to the frame and engine. With the no cut slider, a bracket will attach to the engine mount bolt on one end and the other end is where the slider is so it can stick out in the gap of your fairings. This is not as secure as being connected directly to the engine and frame. If you drop your bike that bracket can't take all that force and the bracket bends which causes your sliders to move and in in the thread I posted earlier cause the slider to move right into the valve cover putting a hole in it causing more damage than good. If it was a cut slider it would have fell onto the slider that was attached to the frame and engine and therefore could handle the force of the fall and the only thing that would have been hurt was his ego. I hope all this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 PM

Depends on what you want the sliders to accomplish and what type of riding you are doing. In most cases the cut sliders will be stronger and more effective. I would try to stay away from any long sliders which might catch and turn a simple lowside into a cartwheel. Cant go wrong with woodcraft in my opinion.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM

My T-rex sliders performed flawlessly yesterday. A great value for the money. The derylin (similar to nylon) puck wore down pretty quickly in a 25 mph lowside but I'm also pretty sure it helped slow my bike down. Once the bike was down though the slider can cease to exist and it would still have done its job. As long as it protects the bike on impact it's job is over. The added bonus was that it pretty much saved my fairings as well. If you go with a more expensive slider it's more likely to protect your fairings on a higher speed get off. Regardless of what you choose if it doesn't break off or bend on impact (as most no cuts tend to do) it will do it's job.