Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

who hasn't dropped it???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who hasn't dropped it???

I keep reading about people dropping their bikes in one way or another, and there is always talk about, "everyone goes down" its just a matter of time. I was wondering if there is anyone who hasn't dropped their bike yet, or anyone who has a long streak of stayin upright???

I've just completed my first year of riding, and so far i've managed to keep it on two wheels.... fingers crossed....

Old 09-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who hasn't dropped it???

Most people are not going to want to jinx themselves...But since I'm not superstitious The last time I crashed was in the spring of 1988 nearDeadmans Flats.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Cro

WOOT!!! WOOT!! No drops, no incidents (except the 135mph pullover deal). Bike is for sale so hopefully i'll keep a clean record.
Untill the next bike....

Old 09-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I got my first street bike at age 18, im now 36. I got taken down this spring (see sig pic). So yea, i would have to say sooner or later its prolly gonna happen.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never dropped Foxy 2 (my current bike). *knocks on wood nervously*

But on Foxy 1 (06 600RR RIP......see photo gallery and cry ), I went down on the highway at 70 mph due to gravel..........no major damage, with just little rash on the tail. THEN a few months later (after she was all fixed up perfectly) a pizza guy pulls out in front of me when I was doing 40 MPH and, well, that killed her off quickly..........and the reason why I now have Foxy 2.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 AM

i've been gas stationed twice. dropped her over on her right side both times, scuffing up the decal on the fairing.

what the best way to fix that by the way? my bike is self-conscience and i don't wanna buy new decals. paint over em?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dropped my 900 few years ago an hour after I bought her; my jeans caught on the peg when I was about to stop and put my foot down and that's it. I had broken the jinx and till date so far so good..

Lesson learned in a very stupid way.. [&o]

Near misses... thats a different story, countless time especially in twisties..

Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 AM

I have yet [crosses fingers] I have had alot of close calls though!
Like one time i thought i put the kickstand down but it actually bounced back up and i got off. Luckily i saved that one. Aside from that never had a moving drop.

I have hit a sand patch in the rear while leaning into a 90 degree turn but once again luckily i was able to save the tail and get it back up. But man I have so many close calls!

Quick Reply: who hasn't dropped it???