Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: when passing a scooter do you
Wave at them like they are anyone else on a motorcycle.
42.65%
pretend you don't see them and go on your way
31.37%
point and laugh
6.86%
try to get them to race you
14.22%
other
4.90%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

when passing a scooter

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave usually. But sometimes only if they do first.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is this older woman about 4 houses down from me who rides a scooter. She has a milk crate tied to the back and every time she rides, she acts like it's her first time on two wheels...lol..
I passed her one day on my way home from work and I waved to her. Ever since then, every time she sees me she waves and honks her little scooter horn.
Hell, she'll even ride by the house and honk when I'm not even outside!
My wife gets way too big of a kick out of it and says chit like "There goes your girlfriend!" or "Here comes your scooter girl!"

I'm never gonna wave at a scooter again.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Omarlito21
I was riding my 2000 f4 yesterday with my buddy on a 09 ex500 ninja. We saw a couple of scooters, one of which was a girl going in the opposite direction. So i honk and we wave to my surprise neither of them waved back, so my buddy quickly makes a u turn so i follow cause he's a hot head and we catch them at a light. My buddy pulls on the left of them and me on the right all i do is rev my sweet soundin motor vance and hines exuast, my buddy burns out and wheelies when the light turns i just speed off behind him a few blocks up we u-turn again and flip them the bird.........thats the last time ill ever pity wave to a scooter
And people wonder why rockets are associated with douche bags.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Talking

Yes I wave.I even own 1 it was my only form of transpo when my 929 relieved me of my license.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by cincyrider
Remember that none of us would be riding Honda sportbikes if it weren't for 50cc Honda's selling like they did in the beginning
I HAVE two of these. Pulled them out of a garbage pile about 15 years ago; first motorcycles I ever rode. A red one and a black one. The red's pretty much useless now as I've had to scavenge it for parts for the other. I've actually had a lot of luck getting parts shipped in from HI and New Zealand, where there are actually still a ton of these on the roads.

These things are SQUIRRELLY! The tires are so flimsy that the bike wanders slightly even if you're on a smooth road. With the wind to your back, you can get the things up to 39MPH!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
"Hi, I'm Moped Mike."
Thanks. I just blew Pepsi out my nose and all over my monitor. Give Moped Mike a stick in the spokes for me.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:44 PM

Classic, why is it so easy for me to imagine you "riding bitch" on one of these?

It's ok for you to want it for yourself, we don't judge you. No reason to drag your wife into it.

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
The misses wants one of these to go shopping on

Old 04-29-2010, 06:53 PM

I was on 95 going south the other day and a bus full of kids was wavin at me so I waved back and then they did the weelie motion so I left rofl. but anything on 2 wheels =wave in my book, unless they are super squidly.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I normally wave at everyone i see. I feel bad when i catch a rider at the very last second and their hand is out but i didnt have time to throw a wave up. lol

I had a super bada$$ bicyclest throw me the most intense wave one time. He was tucked down with some wicked super human googles and one of the road race bikes doin like 20mph and threw his hand out so hard he kinda wiggled when he did it. Best wave ever from a non motorcycle.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM

Stop being so sensitive-come on scooters are funny-Pop a wheelie and keep on smashing...Harleys and others I just down shift and open up the throttle! And listen to my exhuast say "Waaaaaaaa".

Quick Reply: when passing a scooter