Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: when passing a scooter do you
Wave at them like they are anyone else on a motorcycle.
42.65%
pretend you don't see them and go on your way
31.37%
point and laugh
6.86%
try to get them to race you
14.22%
other
4.90%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

when passing a scooter

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave at everyone on two wheels, but when it comes to scooters, I wait for them to wave at me. Bicycles, I give them some space. They are trying to concentrate on riding and not getting run over, so the last thing I want to do is distract them and I be the cause something to happen. But Just like the scooter, if they wave first I'll wave back.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by frozenpoet
hey your just up the road, they are in Edinburg if you know where that is, the hells angels part is just a joke but it is like a little scooter gang. I'm actually getting ready to move right outside of Winchester and know plenty of good roads to hit if your ever in the area.
you both are right up the road from me, I'm in stafford if you guys ever want to ride.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Omarlito21 ~ I think you're giving us all a bad image by pulling immature BS like that. What was the point anyways?
Like i said all i did was rev a bit like i always do and fliped them off just like i thought they did to me when they dident wave back. If im giving you a bad image why dont you make up for it by, everytime you see a scooter you pull up and shake their hands that should give us a great image

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM

Omar and his riding buddies

Old 03-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Default I like all two-wheelers!

Ya I'm definately up for a ride with you guys! Winchester definately has some nice rural roads. Nice and curvy!

At the company I used to work for there was an older gentleman (78) I think, who would ride to work everyday (even in the winter) on an old kawasaki bike. I would see him on the cold nights tearing cardboard pieces and stuffing them under his shirt to keep the bite of the cold off of him as he rode his bike. Eventually, after one to many spills, he bought a scooter. The man has definately earned the right to stay on two wheels. I remember one night coming up behind him at a light and thinking...ok, I'm gonna back off of him a little bit so he won't feel intimidated. That light turned green, and he was gone....literally...all I could see of him was his tail light.

I guess the moral of the story is, people on scooters might just be learning how to ride a bike, and want to "practice" first. Which is admirable I think. Safety first. Or like my old friend. Just too old to hold a heavy bike up anymore. In my humble opinion, I feel all two wheelers deserve a courtesy nod or a friendly gesture.

And I'm not sure about you, but I remember as a kid riding my bicycle throughout the neighborhood making motorcycle sounds...wishing I had a real motorcycle one day. So maybe bicycles deserve a little something to eh? No? ok.

Omarlito, did you ever think that perhaps those two people were new to the "two-wheel" world, and were nervous to let go of the handlebars? Or perhaps they didn't know to make a courteous gesture? I know you didn't start it, but you probably scared those poor people to death.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 AM

Hahahahaha..... Shake their hand. Hidey Hoooo Scooter girl!!!! Eeeerrr or fella, I guess.

But seriously, I have tried with the little fellas, I wave and..........................Nuttin. Must be a Vespa.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Ohhhh ,the vanity. Wave or no wave who cares? I don't understand how its some sort of personal insult if another rider fails to acknowledge we shared the same road while travelling in opposite directions...
How do you become that emotionally invested in a simple gesture to the point that you turn around and chase them down? Get help.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM

Tool pic = funny

Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaited
And I'm not sure about you, but I remember as a kid riding my bicycle throughout the neighborhood making motorcycle sounds...wishing I had a real motorcycle one day. So maybe bicycles deserve a little something to eh? No? ok.
I remember those days. I used to put the small hug bottle in the back of my bike between the tire and the frame. Man, that was the good 'ol days.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:28 PM

Wow eric i think that was a lil racist but i dident copy anyone y are ya ridin me on this anyway next time i see them ill invite the girl for a nice dinner, hows that? and maybe ill teach her how to ride and im not a tool ive never had more than an inch of hair on my head and since there isnt a scooter forum or at least i hope not ill invite them to join this forum so eric trasher and incognito can be there bestest friends

Quick Reply: when passing a scooter