Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

When do you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When do you ride?

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

... "it's pouring down rain, and you have a perfectly good running car to drive, and you still ride your bike to work... wtf??". People that don't ride just don't understand hahahah
Just tell 'em your the "100K Iron Mang"

Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
RCR

I ride everywhere all year longunless it rains. Wait it doesn't rain here in So Cal.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:09 PM

As long as it's not snowing, I plan on riding. It was misting this morning and looked like the bottomw was about to fall out and the director came in and I had my helmet and jacket on my desk, he said, "Where's your windshield wipers?"
I said, "What?"
"It's raining you big dummy!"
"So?"
"That boy aint got no sense," while leavingmy office shaking his head.

I was smart enough to be wearing proper gear when I wrecked and will never go without, no matter how short the trip.
Helmet, leather gloves, leather riding jacket, heavy jeans, 7" steel-toe work boots. Cold weather= layers.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Having an 11 month summer sure has its benefits.
Yeah, yeah, yeaaaaah...just rub it in why don't you! HAHA, just playing rrasco.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:58 AM

If I had the money I'd buy an extra swingarm for my F3 so I can make it a trike for the winter after the first snow. Not to mention it would be fun to have a F3 trike, expecially if I could put it back to normal in a day.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:46 PM

eh, in Colorado, i ride just if its warm....or no salt on the roads in the winter.....Otherwise, all summer long!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:14 PM

everyday all day as many days as possible..which since i dont own a car is everyday..YAY!!! and it definately helps living in SD, dont think it has actually rained here in two months for longer then 5 minutes....
as for cold weather, besides what everyone else has already said, the piece that i found to be the most helpful was my beleclava..or headsock..whatever you want to call it...usually worn by race car drivers as a fire protective device under the helmet..its not uncomfortable, and it keeps out the wind. There is also a neoprene version that only covers the nose and mouth area that you can see a lot of football players wear when its cold....

Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose all of them. I ride through the winter. In fact, I don't even have a working car right now (until "Project Duster" commences soon.) I use my bike for everything.......commuting, fun, trips, grocery store (sometimes I have to make multiple trips) etc. I have found that you really don't need a car at all, just a bike and better planning of your route.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride only in weekends.. ... I have to go to work with my laptops and documents so its not easy with a bike. Beside my working environment is not clean so I don't want her to get dirty.
My riding buddies are quite far away from me, I hate riding alone too.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I checked winter along with everything else you must understand that winter riding is a rare thing for me. But there are days during November - February when it's possible to take a quick ride. And I take advantage of them.

Quick Reply: When do you ride?