Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's your definition of "squid"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What's your definition of "squid"?

yea i was gonna say r1s too

Old 11-07-2006, 11:22 AM

...and Katanas. (If you consider them a bike.)

Old 11-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...Attention all officers, threadjack in progress, please respond...

So I have heard a lot of negative stuff about Katanas, and I don't know anything about them...what's the scoop?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:21 PM

i think since its named after a sword, people think its cool, like NINJA!!! or for some reason GIXXER!!!!!!! katanas i dont think are squid-mobiles, theyre more for beginners, and i find there to be a difference in noobs and squids, mostly because noobs realize they cant ride, how about Busas, thats the best squid-mobile ever.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:07 AM

oh yea!! I see squids on Busa's a lot out here!! Funny seeing them take a turn!

Old 11-08-2006, 04:28 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so i was @ a local motorcycle dealership not to long ago lookin to get some parts for my brothers gsxr. and im lookin around the show room and i see these 2 guys checkin out a new busa and a sales man. so im walkin arounda just "happen" to over hear their conversation. the young man on the bike proceeded to tell the saleman that he was a new rider had about 2 months ride time under his belt and only on a buddies gsxr 600 and dirtbikes. he was about 6'0 200 lbs and really liked the look of the busa (admitially knew nothing about it). he asks the sales man if this would be a good bike for a begginer rider. by this time i cant believe what im hearing as at every opportunity the salesman was pushing on how great this bike is even more after he heard the customer was a noob. he says that this would be a great bike for a new learner because its long and low and is fast enough so you wont have to worry about trading it in later. by this gusy own admission he knew basically nothing about bikes and his only ride time ws on borrowed or off road bikes and here he is seriously considering a busa. i just couldnt believe that the sales guy would seriosuly sell this guy a bike that he would probably kill himself on within a matter of miles lol i guess sales people will make a commission any way that they can. i wanted so badd to tell the guy that he should get somethign smaller while he is still learning but the other 1/2 of me thought if this guy doesnt know any better let him do what he wants.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:58 AM

havoc pleaaase do not get me started on people who "worry about trading it in later" and people who dont wanna "get used to the power" those are 2 classic squid phrases, and in raleigh i hear them SO much it makes me wanna blow my head off man.
being used to to the power= being in control, there was this TOTAL idiot i worked with up at Leith MB/BMW/RR, i mean man this guy was one of the 5 top dumbasses ive ever met and that says ALOT. he used to clown my 600 along with 2 other guys who didnt ride either, sayin "oh man i need at least a nine-hunned" he had NEVER ridden before, ever. and the other 2 guys would say the same **** man,

moving on...i overheard a story from the local suzuki dealership here, guy comes in, guy wants busa, guy buys busa, guy drives busa out of the dealership and onto highway 70 (the road the dealership is on), guy guns it and loops brand new busa, within oh 50 yards.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yea i feel yea man. that sales man just wanted to get his commission....if people actually pushed their bikes to the limit they would find that a "little" 600 has more then enough power to scare the **** outta them..

***DISCLAIMER: dont want to offened anyone by my above stated comment but thats my opinion most people will never use (on the street) the full potential of a 600cc bike. for Alot of people its more about bragging rights then it is with their connection to their bike..****

Old 11-08-2006, 11:40 AM

I got a good story of a squid, back when I was stationed a Norton we use to get some guys together and go for a ride in the mountains. We are riding down highway 2 the leader is on a 82 Ascot 500 and very experienced. the squid is on a ZX 10, the squid thinks he should be in front of the ascot but, he keeps droping back after each turn. Can you guess what happen? The next straight he gassed on and hit a guard rail at the next turn and totaled his bike. I was back a ways riding my GSXR 750 two up.