Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is your bike's name? Is it always she?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
For you But now I'm considering changing my name to "Mike"... Maybe my middle name
Ha ha, you can change your name to Hermes because that's what I'm gonna call my bike. Hermes even has the Honda Wing on his helmet and boots. And very lean and muscular like 600rr

Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM

The CBR is a he and his name is Woody. I did have a Ninja and her name was Ladybug.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

i named mine Violet, it seemed like it fits her. besides i like that name.

and all my vechicles were always females.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Mike would be more appropriate than Samantha...
^ v

For you But now I'm considering changing my name to "Mike"... Maybe my middle name

Old 05-27-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I haven't named any of my trucks or bikes. I don't know why but I just find it stupid and don't see the point. No offense to anyone who has. Not trying to start a fight just a personal preference I guess. And it always annoys me when people refer to their vehicle/bike as a she or a he. It is not a person. It is a piece of equipment. Don't get me wrong I love my bike and truck. My girlfriend says I love them more than her which is not true. It's about equal , j/k but yeah my bike is my bike, not a boy nor a girl just my awesome bike.

I agree with this. My bikes will never have a name and will never be a she. I see them as machines. My 600 F4i goes by, F4i or the yellow one. My 600RR goes by, the white one, the new one or simply the RR.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Philosophical question for those saying it's a machine: do you think your bike "speaks" to you? Some said the bikes have different "personalities", which is a simple way of describing the minute manufacturing differences and the effect they have on operations.

But does it "speak"? Let yo know that last batch of gas was just a little off, the front tire pressure is down a PS I or so?

Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Philosophical question for those saying it's a machine: do you think your bike "speaks" to you? Some said the bikes have different "personalities", which is a simple way of describing the minute manufacturing differences and the effect they have on operations.

But does it "speak"? Let yo know that last batch of gas was just a little off, the front tire pressure is down a PS I or so?
The bike doesn't tell me if something is different, but it absolutely acts differently under different operating conditions.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

She only has a name when she's broken, then it's, "You effin Bitch!"
Ern

Old 05-29-2011, 02:47 AM

I don't always name my vehicles, but I called this one Kelvin and tried to love him. It isn't working out ... because its a Honda, coldly efficient and completely devoid of personality, like the last Honda I had. When things go wrong with other bikes or they make funny noises, that's character. When things go wrong with this one I just get annoyed.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
When you get your first bike you bond to it massively, name it, coddle it, etc.

When you get your second bike you treat it somewhat like your first bike due partly to it being usually a much nicer bike and out of habit.

By the time you get your 6th+ bike... you've pretty much stopped all the cutesy stuff and they're basically just tools that allow you to ride. Yeah, they have personalities and quirks, and yeah you still bond to them and take care of them. But they're just tools. If I wanted something to name I'd get another puppy.
This cracks me up big time lol. I haven't named my 89 CBR 600 but definately is "her" "she" but sometimes just "that thing" or "this thing" . Often its like a tool but I actually inherited it from my best friend. He died from heart failure while in a coma as his body on the whole failed. He had barely ridden the bike but had big hopes and dreams for it. I want to follow his plans as much as I can but for now she is just my way of getting around. Gotta love it though, especially underpasses and tunnels, sounds like ten million Hornets swarming for a kill at about 12000rpm