Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what a way to go..

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what a way to go..

i heard some horrible news tuesday and heard more about it today that is just scary!

an older gentleman in my area was riding to work (Honda cruiser)on a 3 lane road about 10mins from my house, when he lowsided on some blackice. well i found out today from someone i know who works in that area, that the man tumbled, rolled, and slid. when he finally got his footing and began to stand..........an 18wheeler slammed into him.

im still riding here in MD and in the A.M. its in the 20's. just makes me nervous. when i leave for work i keep the bike as upright as possible and stay as smooth and steady on the throttle as i can.

what a way to go, eh? he was probably in...ok shape after the lowside, and as he stood up he was hit by the tractor trailer........

just thought i'd share for all the other riders out there toughing it through the winter. be safe, take you're time....

Old 12-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what a way to go..

wow..thats horrible. No riding for me up here in NY. thats gotta be the worst..your ok after surviving a wreck, get up thinking your a-ok, then bam. Just wow...
RIP.....
be careful man. Maybe its time to take the cager out to be safe.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow

Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 PM

Bah humbug! Dammit, I'm trying to eat chestnuts by a roasting fire and the door keeps blowing open. Humbug I say! Dead men and bloody eyeballs?! Humbug!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Bah humbug! Dammit, I'm trying to eat chestnuts by a roasting fire and the door keeps blowing open. Humbug I say! Dead men and bloody eyeballs?! Humbug!!!

hahahahah sorry Spirit! i swear my next post will be more.......positive!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

be careful man. Maybe its time to take the cager out to be safe.
thanks rezintimidator...

but, my g/f's transmission in her car took a sssss****. so i am letting her borrow my truck through the winter until she saves up enough for a down payment on a new(er) car. its not worth it to fix/buy a new tranny for her car. she has a bike too (silver/black F4i) but i dont want her out in these temps freezing.......and me worrying about her safety. i wouldnt feel right driving to work all warm and cozy, while she froze to death going to class and work. so..........she gets the truck, i get the good 'ol faithful F4i.

i love her, i tell ya

Old 12-21-2007, 10:22 PM

Wow, sorry to hear. Guess when your times up...it's up

Old 12-21-2007, 11:12 PM

I'm just messin' with ya' Keep warm up there in the Arctic!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why whenever I crash (which seems to be quite often lately ), I get to my feet immediately and probably look like a scared puppy looking around trying to watch my *** as I'm trying to process WTF just happened. I even remember trying to stand up and walk while I was still sliding along the ground when I crashed the first time.......resulting in me to tumble once.

I guess trying to stand up and get on two feet is a natural survival instinct built into us. (or at least me anyway.)

But an 18-wheeler hitting him after he survived the crash...........that's just really spooky. Wonder if he got what came around?