Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CBRForum Member Makes news paper

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBRForum Member Makes news paper

Just something fun to see. They caught me doing the toys for tots run in brevard county Florida.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...rams=Itemnr=31

Now they say in the story on this that there was about 5000 bikes in that run. Now as a rider I think we a a few more then that. And I mean double or even more like triple that. I heard from someone else they said someone that ran the event could 23000 names on the waver sheets they have people sign before they leave and close the roads for us. But thought I would share this with ya.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Default RE: CBRForum Member Makes news paper

I will be the first to ask....Wheres your F'n helmet...[:@]

Old 12-21-2007, 01:31 AM

I agree, thats not a very good way to represent motorcycle riders without having safety

Old 12-21-2007, 04:31 AM

WEAR YOUR ****ING HELMET

Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 AM

Well, I'm not gonna knock ya...that's cool that you were caught doing a benifit ride. Now if there had been a thread about some stuffed animal getting road rash, then I'd question the gear.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:56 AM

I knew that was going to be said about the helmet. Yes I know not good idea. Now on that run we never did get above 25 I think. And yes I do wear my helmet everytime I get on my bike except on that benifit ride. I am sure I will never hear the end of this one.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

I'm in Brevard county also, this is the land of no helmets and flip flops. Even the cops wear short sleeves shirts on their bikes. Personally I always wear my helmet because of a fear of flying rocks, not pavement, but 90% of cruisers go lid free and about 50% of sportbike riders do the same.

Many of you are lucky to live where the roads have turns, but this place is heavily patrolled, 45MPH, without too much traffic most of the time. For all you maniacs in full leather, titanium, kevlar gear you have a false sense of security thinking that crap will really protect you in an accident with a redneck in a F150, maybe it'll save your skin when you are sliding down the road, but my guess that 90% of those of you that have slid down the road did so because you screwed up and overestimated your skill level.

Either way JonnyJon, it was nice of you to do the RIDE.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Banned

Nice way to support the youth, but with no helmet????? Does that show the youth how to be responsible?????

Old 12-21-2007, 09:06 AM

kool ride man, i wont say anything about the helet though, that horse has already been beat to death on this thread.....nice bike too.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:18 AM

Hey fish I am sure I have seen you out there on the road too. What do you ride. Well if you are out and about at all fish I will be up at the bike night at the merrit Island Hooters tonight. If you did not know about it. A sport bike night is set up every Friday at the Merrit Island Hooters. Maybe I will see you there. Let me know what you ride. As for the Kids on the side of the road. I think it says worse things from the people who were throwing the kids candy on the side of the road cause kids wanted to run out to get the pieces that did not make it to the edge of the road. When I talk to kids now who come and ask me about my bike I always show them my helmet too. A yes I wear mine all the time other then that day.

Quick Reply: CBRForum Member Makes news paper