Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is the trick to trigger Traffic Lights.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the trick to trigger Traffic Lights.

What is the trick to trigger traffic lights? I got stuck at a light for 5 minutes till a car came behind me to set off the magnets. Almost was late for work because of this.

People at work said I need to glue Neodymium Magnets on the bottom of my bike to set off the magnets. Any truth to this???

Old 09-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put your kickstand Down.....

Old 09-05-2009, 08:18 PM

turn right then u . dont ya hate that chit...

Old 09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

those are all silly.

when you pull up to the light you'll see a rectangle cut into the ground drive over the left or right side of them and sit on it. it'll work most of the time

Old 09-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone said they tried putting a rare earth magnet on their oil pan drain plug and had success

https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/magnetic-drain-plug-light-changer-97029/

Old 09-06-2009, 08:35 AM

If I go through a full round of the signals and can tell that I'm not going to get the light I wait until absolutely nobody is near the intersection and just go. Again, I emphasize the fact that I look around VERY well before doing that. If it's a busier intersection where this isn't possible then someone will pull up behind me soon enough anyway.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by cincyrider
If I go through a full round of the signals and can tell that I'm not going to get the light I wait until absolutely nobody is near the intersection and just go. Again, I emphasize the fact that I look around VERY well before doing that. If it's a busier intersection where this isn't possible then someone will pull up behind me soon enough anyway.
Just be warned this is only legal in a couple of states. Wish they'd get on that. Even with two bikes at an intersection, my BF and I sometimes get stuck until a real car pulls up behind us.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:15 PM

run the red lights that is the trick

Old 09-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
run the red lights that is the trick
+1.

It is not worth it to sit at a light for more than a minute and wait for it to turn green, when it probably won't if it hasn't turned green already.

If it is at night, I am even more reluctant to wait because around the Philly suburbs, many lights are only ran off of the sensors and if no traffic is passing along, the other lights for the cross streets stay the same until a car pulls up to the red stop light of the opposite cross streets.

I say, be careful, but go through the red and watch for those hiding cops.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by supersnake83
+1.

It is not worth it to sit at a light for more than a minute and wait for it to turn green, when it probably won't if it hasn't turned green already.

If it is at night, I am even more reluctant to wait because around the Philly suburbs, many lights are only ran off of the sensors and if no traffic is passing along, the other lights for the cross streets stay the same until a car pulls up to the red stop light of the opposite cross streets.

I say, be careful, but go through the red and watch for those hiding cops.
Here in Philly its legal to do so. I asked during the MSF. Think we're required to wait 3 min before doing so.

But who wouldn't look the cop in the eye and say "I'd been at the light for 5 min before you got there"?

Quick Reply: What is the trick to trigger Traffic Lights.