Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What they say

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What they say

So, recently I bought my first bike, a 600f2. I absolutely love it. Everytime I ride her I seriously feel like heaven couldn't be a better place. I'm sure you all get the same feeling. It's like when I ride, I forget everything. Even just riding to work.

I have dropped my baby once though. This happened withen the first 2 months of me having the bike. I will fully admit it was my fault and I was inexperienced. I dropped her going through a corner which had a decreasing angle. I got scared, chopped the throttle, and there went my front tire..

Now I have many cuzins that ride too. Of course our moms and grandmas hate it. But this is something that I dont think I could EVER give up. As soon as I bought my first bike, I knew that I fell in love.. I've loved women before, but honestly, this was something different...Ever since I have owned her, I don't feel right unless im on her..

How do yall deal with parents or family members? I cant just say F-U. But I also will never ever ever ever give up riding...

Has anyone else dealt with this?

Old 06-16-2012, 05:40 AM

i never had to deal with this, but i used to ride gocarts, 4 wheelers, and dirtbike when i was younger, so my family is accustomed to us (my brother and i) riding 'dangerous' vehicles.

But, just get all the proper gear (if you dont have already), always wear it, and just prove to them that you are responsible on the bike.
they probably still wont like you riding, but it should make them more at ease about it.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:55 AM

Honestly i had the same issue. The best advice I can give is to show them you are responsible, that you wont be doing dumb **** while riding. But they will be nervous and worried if they care, you cant stop that and should appreciate it. Just try to remind them of your responsibility and try not to give them reason to worry. Good Luck to you bro!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 AM

My fiance worries and makes me call her whenever I get to where im going, be it work, the store, friends house etc.

My dad f'ing HATES bikes, and he thinks my mom does too. Her ex-husband rode a Harley and she loved going for rides on it. When my dads not around all she asked is "your not being an idiot, right?"

Old 06-16-2012, 10:22 AM

I ride with them But my parents have rode for years and my grandparents rode up until they couldn't due to health problems. I think my mother, grandmother and wife still worry about me because I ride to work alot and its about an hour ride and through Cincinnati which is full of idiots. Like NewSense45 said don't be an idiot and pay attention to the idiots around you.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:56 PM

My parents didn't like the idea of me getting a sport bike, but they don't worry much because I'm responsible. Aside from my parents, I don't care what people say because it's mostly out of ignorance.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by kowen1208
I don't care what people say because it's mostly out of ignorance.
+1 to this.