Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what i cant stand !

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 03:07 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what i cant stand !

have you ever tried to sell something and everyone who is interested starts off with "so whats the lowest price you will take?" its like mother ****** do you actually think i will just drop my price that fast ? do i look like an idiot to you !? !? another thing is low ballers ! shady @$$ ****'s who think that when i have something for sale they can offer me 1000 LESS just because they say CASH ! no thanks you f'in ******. all deals are expected CASH anyways .. no f'in checks , money orders, pay pal, bull **** like that.. if you want what i got cash better be in hand ! usually the general rule of thumb when selling something is advertise 500 $ higher then you actually want , that way when someone wants to strike a deal you can afford to drop 500$ off so everyone is happy , but you get those greedy [sm=smiley35.gif] who want to nit pick every little thing that you have already 1. explained and 2. lowered the price already because of ! ... also who can forget about those cocky ******* who think they know everything. i went to sell my bike to these ignorant *** people about a week ago. they ride up on brand new gsxr 1300 hayabusas , then he proceeds to try and tell me all the things that are wrong with my bike. saying it needs hella work , when i ask him what work he means he backs off and says "well i just meant i dont want to buy it and then have to fix something" there is nothing wrong with my bike btw!!!!! then he tells me that my idle is too high (2k rpm on a carb cbr 600) so i lower it to 1k rpm and the bike dies DUHHH what did that fool think would happen. also when you let the clutch out after its in gear and the bike rolls forward he said thats bad ! (i shouldnt even have to explain about that one!) and can someone please show me a bike that when shifting into 1st gear that doesnt make a "clunk" sound !!!!! this SOB said of your tranny is bad (at this point im putting back on my gear to leave) then he tries to low ball me i started the conversation that i cant go lower then 2600 (realistically not trying to be greedy), so what does he do ..... he says that if i drop the price lower he will give me cash right now ! OMG like that is gonna make me want to drop my price and sell it right now to some A'hole who shouldnt even be allowed to ride a bike none the less a BUSA ! gahhhh i hate ignorant people ! ok thats enough ranting for now ! thanks for reading [sm=rant.gif]

Old 09-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Default RE: what i cant stand !

lol.....so how much you really want for it....hope diamond for $10 ...nah thats too much

Old 09-30-2006, 04:47 AM

or those people who call you and are like, "well i dont have all the money but will you take payments ?" some people just make me so angry my eye starts to twitch

Old 09-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, been there, done that. If ever your going to sell something of real value, like a car, your bike. Then you have to be patient, unless your really desperate then these guys can smell it a mile away. When I've sold my bikes previously, I'm pretty honest, and point out wots wrong with the bike, mixed in with wots good about it, wot work I've had done. This usually shoots these guys in the foot, especially if your selling it for an honest price. I can't blame those who try to offer less (for cash) it's that sort of culture these days.
(If you won't to no real pain, try selling your house, were talking offers $$$$"s below wot your after).
The ones that really get up my nose, are the ones that ring up really keen (like 6:00am keen), you tell them all about it, waste 1/2 an hour on em and they say something like "Don't sell it, it's just what I want, I'll be over blah blah". and then don't show up. and the other types that show up, take your bike for a thrash and have no intention of buying it.
I sometimes think that , it's worth just trading them in, I know you lose heaps, but it's a lot less hassell. funny story, had a BMW once and was offered X amount as a trade in, so I thought, rather than let them up the price when they sell it on to someone else, I advertised it for the trade in price, and bugger me dead, they still hassled me!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 11:19 AM

do what i do-if they go low-i go high
i just add the amount they lowered to
my asking price[sm=smiley20.gif]
usually that stops low-ballers

Old 09-30-2006, 04:36 PM

I feel ya. I sold a 05' honda metro a few months ago. Bought it for the wife as a round town toy, mint condition, 150mi, still had the bar-code stickers on the tires, never saw rain, garage kept and had a full service/warranty program till 2010, shinned like a new dime. I offered it up for 1400, that was below blue-book, plus, hell 150mi!!!!!! Anyhow, this hippie chick comes over to look at it, we had already talked about cash price, she looked at it, rode it, and wanted it. We start filing out the title and shes like...ummm, about the price.....I about flipped my lid when she started trying to low-ball me, she said everyone knows you don't pay the asking price!!!!! I said I coulda marked it up some so when she talked me down shed feel good, but I'm a straight shooter and don't do **** like that......So she offered 1350...I said no....she offered 1380 again I said no....she offered 1395 and I said no........She was like...your gonna miss a sale over 5 bucks?? I said no....your gonna miss a buy over 5 bucks.....Ok, so 1400 it is...and then she pulls out a check-book....at that point I showed her the door. Heres my price....you can make a respectfull offer for less, whatever you think it is worth, and I'll give you an answer depending on your offer...I like a good deal as much as the nexy guy but I don't disrespect people by telling them somethings wrong with it and low-balling them

Old 10-01-2006, 12:41 AM
VP

wait you're in sales? You should try selling cell phones...Listen up if this pertains to you: if your bike is broken do you take it to the person who sold it to you? No!!! So why do people with broken cell phones bring it back to me? I'm a salesman not a damn cell phone engineer. I don't know why you're bluetooth doesn't work. I know why I sold it to you! Bastards! AHAHHHHHHH.

Okay feels better.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:45 AM

As a Realtor, my buisness is made by being the facilitator in negotations. You can't begin to believe what I hear. People who think they come up with the origianal sayings like, " you can always come down, but you can't go up". When they put their property on the market. So they start way high and wonder why no one looks at it. Then they lower their price and buyers think their is something wrong with it. Then the lowballers start picking at the sellers, because they now smell blood in the water. Or the buyers who think they are being cagey by telling the seller what is all wrong. Ah, if there is that much wrong, why are we wasting time trying to negotiate on this piece of cr*p, you want to insult the seller with a low offer. Then there is the buyer that throws out 30% below asking price trying to make the seller meet them half way. Now all they did was insult the seller and the negotiations are off the table because the seller told the guy to come back when he gets real. Price it right, be realistic and you will both come away smiling. Now isn't that all what it is about?

Old 10-01-2006, 07:03 AM

when i 1st put my bike up for sale i asked a reasonable 3,200 obo, expecting to be talked down a few hundred dollars.. no biggie. then i lowered it to 3,000 obo i figure still do able. im selling my bike to pay off my bills that are past due and so i cant cut myself too short. then more time passes and alot of low ballers and tire kickers. i lower it once again to 2,800 obo then finally 2,500 firm. and i still get people even my own friends (!) who want to low ball me. trying to offer me 2,000 CASH. my bike is in great shape. it needs nothing (clean title, decent paint, no cracked/damaged fairings, newer tires, and a yoshi slip on) i thought i was being very fair expectign 2800 but other people think different.. *sigh* i guess this is just a sign from the honda gods telling me to keep my bike ... its nice to know that my fellow honda riders feel my pain dealing with these ignorant people

Old 10-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah sometimes the Gods aren't on your side, but like I said before, just be a little patient. I've never made a profit out of any of my bikes, yet I know a lot of guys who are great crap artist and can sell stuff or their crap artists, and lie about selling stuff.
Maybe you should look at advertising it in a different place (I don't know wot you guys use over there, but it can't be that different)
I know advertising cost's, but you already slipping on the price, maybe bike mag or whatever. besides you don't want your pride & joy going to some bone head. That BMW I mentioned earlier, loved it, garaged it, kept it serviced etc.
Sold it (for $500 less than I expected to get). saw it months later, sitting in a railway carpark, rusting, split seat, the idiot that bought it, only used it to commute to and from the station everyday. I would rather have thrown it off a cliff or burnt it, if I'd have known.
Know this guy who was in a really bad car stack, can't ride anymore (actually his lucky to still be able to walk anymore)
His GSX750 sits in his lounge room, pride of place, wall behind it is decked out with his helmet and other memorabilia. No way he was going to sell it. God it looks great to. Know my wife would see my head on the wall, than have the CBR sitting next to the piano (and its a Yamaha)

Quick Reply: what i cant stand !