Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What have you hit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What have you hit?

What kind of weird things have you hit while riding? I hit a goose the other day, funny story.

So I was riding home from a friends and im in my neighborhood doing about 25 and I come up to a squad of geese who are chilling on the right side of the road, prolly about 3 or 4 of the stupid things. As soon as the geese see me they decide to get up and try to walk over to the other side of the road...dont know why. Anywho I see em start to walk across the road and I think to myself "I'm gonna be cool and accelerate right at em which will scare the crap out of the dumb birds and they will just turn back around and freak." So I did just that, I roll on the throttle in second gear, I really didnt even get up to a fast speed, but I aimed right in front of those geese and man they just did not care. lol I wish I got this on camera cuz it still makes me laugh, those dumb geese just kept on walking across the road, even with my f4i staring them down the throats. It wasn't until I was almost on top of them that I realized "HOLY FRICK there not gonna turn around!!" I lock up my rear tire and slam on my front brake, too late. Our paths intersect and like 3 of these geese jump right into the side of my bike and bounce off hahaha it was so funny and then one poor sap didnt jump high enough and hits the center of my bike, keeps moving forward and my rear tire goes right over the dang thing. I was prolly only doing 5mph at this point, luckily I didnt fall or anything I kinda just rolled over it haha. Its ok though for all you animal lovers I looked back and after the goose rolled around flappin its wings everywhere for a few seconds he recollected himself and kept on walking across the road. Lesson of the day, dont speed up for geese, at least if your on a bike.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:43 PM

the bong

Old 07-15-2010, 12:42 AM

I have hit a Nissan Sentra. I've also hit a couple rodent-like creatures. I've hit the pavement, both asphalt and cement. I've hit the grass shoulder at 60+ mph, upright without crashing. I have hit and killed approximately 1.2 million flying insects. I've hit a parking-stall curb with the rear wheel after landing a wheelie and tweaking the axle nearly an inch in the swingarm. Again without crashing. And I hit the track for a charity lap around Laguna Seca led by Michael Doohan.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:00 AM

ohh god did a stupid pun pop into my head after reading that story

and darn you spiritrr, ive always wanted to take on Laguna Seca, its my all time favorite track

Old 07-15-2010, 10:08 AM

A cat, grouse, several gophers, a moth the size of a sparrow, millions of harmless insects, one bee that hit back and a couple of red winged blackbirds. The grouse ended up at the road kill cafe!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big *** coon..

Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Snake, a chipmonk and a dead wabbit.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 PM

I've hit a cow (story here: https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/not-my-day-riding-112881/), and I've also ran over the base of one of those big construction cones in the dark.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM

I'm not sure if it was on this board or another one, but there was a guy who hit a dead wolf or coyote or something. He sliced right through it, amazing he didn't crash. There are pictures too of the animal in two halves and the blood / fur and stuff on his bike. Pretty wild.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:37 PM

NateDieself4i yeah I have seen that thread and the pictures with it. Its insane and now when I see a raccoon or a coyote on the road I think all i gotta do is speed up so that im going fast enough to slice through it.

On a side note I am pretty darn sure that if I continue to slaughter as many bugs as I do every time I ride...I'm going to eventually disrupt the balance of nature because all the bugs in the world will be on the front of my bike in one massive layer of guts. Dang insects