Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is with the harley guys on cell phones?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is with the harley guys on cell phones?

So i saw this once before about a month ago and thought it was odd but the dude was at a light but did leave with the phone to his ear but today i see this guy on a sportster in blue scrubs, them like teva style sandles sunglasses and a phone to his ear doing 40 or so heading the opposite way of me. What in the hell is with this, i dont even see how you could shift let alone hear the call. I get on my bike to get away from the dam phone, i dont even hardly use it in my truck, wish i had gotten a pic!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rs2nV
...wish i had gotten a pic!
Meantime, somewhere else on the internet someone is posting about this crazy encounter, seeing someone riding a motorcycle while taking pictures going the other way.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may have something to do with the fact that hands-free headsets technology is too "new" and you lose out on a lot of the heritage of classic cell phone usage.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by kowen1208
Meantime, somewhere else on the internet someone is posting about this crazy encounter, seeing someone riding a motorcycle while taking pictures going the other way.
No i was in the truck, doubt i could even get into my pocket where the phone is with my gloves lol

Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 AM

Hey RS do you know where 104th and washington is?
I had a guy on an r1 pull up next to me in the double turn lane, take off his gloves, pull out his phone, and started texting while the light was red. lol

But on the other had seeing someone riding down the road taking a picture would be great! lol

Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 AM

I know alot of riders, HD, honda cruisers, and sport bikes, they ALL pull off the road if they have to talk.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by boomer1
Hey RS do you know where 104th and washington is?
I had a guy on an r1 pull up next to me in the double turn lane, take off his gloves, pull out his phone, and started texting while the light was red. lol

But on the other had seeing someone riding down the road taking a picture would be great! lol
Sure do i'mm off 115th and colorado. Have seen both of these happen at 104th and colorado

Old 05-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well we may not realize it, but it's much easier to dig into your pocket and put the phone to your ear when you're not wearing gloves or a helmet.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a lot of people who text and ride. I know a couple of people who can call and ride too.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
I know alot of riders, HD, honda cruisers, and sport bikes, they ALL pull off the road if they have to talk.
I'll pull my phone out at red lights if I'm expecting a call or text to see if I missed it. If I did, then I'll pull over to the side when the light turns green.

Quick Reply: What is with the harley guys on cell phones?