Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

what gives with new riders?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what gives with new riders?

I think TK954RR said it the best. Sometimes it is not that easy to just take someones offer. I know I personally have a hard time taking someones offer such as yours. I am not sure if its a pride thing, or if it has to do with my past.

I would not take it to personally. Maybe he is afraid that you will ask for a favor in return that he cannot pay.

Hell we live close enough, if it makes you feel better. I will bring my bike to you for my next chain lube/adjustment.
jk. But we do need to hook up this summer for some riding.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:55 PM

Sounds like hes just stubborn to me. I have been in similar situations where I go out of my way to offer something like that and they don't take it, its like wtf man, its for YOUR benefit!

I would be all over an offer like that if someone was being as nice as you. Obviously you werent doing it to get something back and were just being kind. Who the hell knows what his deal is. He'll prob come crawling back in a couple weeks even more desperate, and thats when you say "sorry, garage is full"

Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM

Ya know this is kinda not like the same thing but it is....

A few weeks ago we rode to Woodys in Newport Beach there were 6 of us and at a stoplight we grabbed a 7th and the kid was on a new Yammie 600 but not the R the YZF and we rode from Newport Beach to the Ortega Hwy..about 60 miles...and kept the pace and all....first fuel stop and the first thing words out of his mouth were...i just got it but im wanna get a R1 and i knew it was goin to be a long day...so to speed it up..the sun disappears and a rare rain shower is fast approaching the So Cal Valley...and this kid has a hoodie ...some of thos aerodynamic Puma shoes a helmet and no gloves...it starts to rain all i can think about is how freekin cold his hands have to be in the rain goin 60...and he stil lhad to ride back to Newport Beach...ALONE..so when i got off the freeway i told him to follow and gave him a pair of ICON Leather gloves i never wear and he said he couldnt take em...but i insisted...and to be quite honest i wasnt sure if i would ever get them back..well they came back yesterday....

Moral of the story is i guess.,...you can only do so much to help people...some people dont want it....