Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What exactly is a squid???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What exactly is a squid???

Some one called me one yesterday.... Just kidding, I hear it every where, people are squids??? What the hell does that mean? Does it mean show off or jerk, or newbee, or what?? This has been boggling my mind.... fill me in..... por favor

Old 05-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: What exactly is a squid???

A Squid is a motorcycle rider who, experienced or not, rides outside his abilities and sets poor examples by attire, propriety, and general behavior on the motorcycle. Check out this self assessment test

Old 05-24-2006, 05:01 PM

That's the dude you see doing a wheelie down the interstate at about 130mph, weaving in and out of rush hour traffic, tries to impress you with all two of his stunting skills which is basically wheelies and wanna be stoppies at traffic lights, and he's usually the one you see laying dead in the road which gives the rest of us a bad name.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Retired Mod

a squid is a fish. i thought everyone knew that!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:01 PM

that test is too funny...and scary...at least the thought of some riders answers and them being serious!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:07 PM

A Squid is not a fish[:@], it's a ten-armed marine cephlopod or a NOOBIE !! ha ha ha
ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

Old 05-25-2006, 12:08 AM

ORIGINAL: city worker

A Squid is not a fish[:@], it's a ten-armed marine cephlopod or a NOOBIE !! ha ha ha
ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Retired Mod

yeah, yeah, yeah. i'm the guy getting pointed at. i guess i made a squidly mistake!

Old 05-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fam, In the day... I remember the first time ,I heard the term, in a cycle world (mag), circa mid 70's. They did an article on cafe racers and another, on "squids". They were discribed as young people on rd 350's w/ expansion chambers and such, dressed in leathers, using many wraps of duct tape, for puks. race'n to the candy store(cali hills) , in total *** hung off the seat stances, quit appropriate, for as fast as they WERE going.
Yes, they passed w/in inches of death, and oncomming traffic... cars, were no diff., in the day. they were the kenny roberts(rossi) wanna be, of there day. It wasn't a derogatory term... back in the day. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 05-25-2006, 10:42 AM

Heh, wanna know what a squid is? Come out to Jacksonville Beach, and you can watch them ride up and down 1st street all day long.

Squids are (as others mentioned), guys (or girls) who ride outside of their abilities... they're the ones who feel the need to revv their bikes repeatedly as they pull into a parking lot, just to make sure everyone's watching, and then will do a burnout or a wheelie upon leaving.

They seldom wear gear... these are the guys who have really expensive Arai and Shoei frame sliders strapped to the back of their bikes. The ride in baggy jeans or shorts, a wife-beater, and pretty white Nikes or flip-flops (and don't forget the bright colored toe protector... since they don't own riding boots, they have to keep those new anthletic shoes bright and pretty).

They ride for show, not for passion. They ride to be seen, and will often have a scantily clad curb squirrel perched on the back of the bike (she's not wearing gear either, and since he just picked her up about 3 blocks back, he doesn't care for her safety, so he doesn't even give her the helmet to put on).

These are the guys that lane-split in states where it's illegal. They pull up wheelies in the middle of rush hour traffic, and cut in and out between other vehicles....

Quick Reply: What exactly is a squid???