Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do you guys do about the SWEAT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunno if anyone mentioned this, but you can take the jacket liners out..

Definitely at least wear jeans. Even if it's hot, you will feel more heat coming off the bike onto your naked legs if you are wearing shorts.

Gloves don't really feel sweaty, they are just hard to get off when you're done riding in the heat.

Usually everything is gravy as long as you're movin..

Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 AM
June 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Women like hot sweaty men so.....Gear up
I have a mesh jacket with pads in it. Its fine until your stopped for a long period of time. It also came with a windproof liner and it does a decent job until the temp gets under 55 degrees.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Yeah wish I could say I glow...yeah I have friends that say it's to hot to wear good gear but oh well....I know we say it's their skin but think who may be with them if they go down...ugh yeah us wearing our gear.

I have mesh and nice leather CBR jacket, surprising the leather jacket doesnt make me sweat bad.

Juliet, great glow haha

Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM

seems like it would suck if you were trying to go somewhere where you were trying to look "nice" and showed up all hot and sweaty.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
Women like hot sweaty men so.....Gear up

Um, don't mistake your clean, natural smell and pheromones for us liking hot and sweaty ... ewww!! ..lol

Jules

Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by pittsm
seems like it would suck if you were trying to go somewhere where you were trying to look "nice" and showed up all hot and sweaty.
I've pretty much decided that if I'm going somewhere and want to look nice I'm going to take a car.

Perhaps sweat vs no sweat isn't the way this should be though of. In the summer you ARE going to sweat on a bike no matter what you do. I think what is more relevant is how cool you are. Contrary to popular opinion sweating is not necessarily the same as being hot.

I am going to sweat on my bike in full gear but I would either way and with my gear at least it helps to keep me cool. I do arrive a little disheveled but that's why I only use my bike fore recreational riding.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:32 PM

I actually dont sweat a ton on the bike, unless i'm in dead stopped traffic which is really really rare.

On the sweat topic for those who put they're gloves inside your helmet, if you were riding on a hot day be sure to pull the gloves out and flip the visor up...or the helmets still damp next morning

Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Just shower off with it when we are done riding, problem solved haha. eau de cbr

Old 07-03-2010, 12:34 AM

visor up, jacket open, shoes untied, no gloves, and go really fast.

jk

textile/mesh is the way to go.

and make sure you clean your helmet pads once in awhile, to get the sweat and dirt off

Old 07-03-2010, 01:23 AM

obviously your going to slow

I dont sweat much unless I am at a stop for awhile. I dont normally wear leather though unless I am going to be riding at night when its cooler or I am riding with a group(cause you all know they make you go faster) I do wear my textile jacket quite a bit in the summer and its not bad my mesh jacket is almost like not wearing anything as the air rips right through it, but I like the feel of my textile better. Gloves it really depends, I have had a few pairs and some are hotter than others. Pants made for riding I wouldnt know as I wear jeans.

When its hot out I normally leave my visor lid open a little bit to let in the air...but I do also wear riding glasses otherwise bugs will get in and they dont feel good when they get stuck in your eye....I have had that happen a few times so now I always wear glasses

and if your worried about sweating what are you going to do about helmet head?

Quick Reply: What do you guys do about the SWEAT?