CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Were do you work? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/were-do-you-work-130337/)

Triniboi215 09-02-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName (Post 1096235)
My background is audio engineering and since there are no jobs in music (by that I mean you can't just start at a studio as an engineer. You basically work yourself up from trowing out the trash), I was going to open up my own high end studio (there are only a few PROPER studio's left out there, 90% of it is amateuristic bs) and worked on the plans for about 4 years. [Edited my post because it got a bit too emotional haha]. I had a lot of industry people interested and made cool contacts over the years.

The last company I worked at closed a few departments and I was out of work for just over a year. I ate up my savings to stay alive and it crushed my dreams/plans so much that I hardly touch anything music related anymore [More editing here]. In the end I'm sort of glad I didn't do it because I might have gone bankrupt considering the economy went into the pooper and how the music industry is/works in general. No one wants to pay to get something done properly because with a 1000 bucks you can 'do it like a pro' in your bedroom. Well, that's what product sellers tell them.

I now work at a very big internationally known American company with a department here in NL. The pay isn't **** but it's not was I am used to. I absolutely hate my work because I'm far too creative and dynamic to stare at databases all day but for now at least I have a steady income. I can afford my two bikes and the on average 100/150 bucks (gas is nearly twice what you pay in the US over here) I put in my tank each week to have some fun. I save a lot of money by not partying and stuff like that. Which is totally fine because I don't like it anyway haha. I have always wanted to have an own business but I now have to figure out in what. I will for sure not work for someone else for the rest of my life. Ugh! I'm going to stay here for a little bit more and find something I actually enjoy doing.

:)

He what's up bro! It's nice to see someone who's interested in the same thing I'm interested in. From me to you, I think you gave up too easily but hey I don't know all the **** you've been through bro. Anyways, the reason I'm writing this is because I want to open up my own production business (engineering, song writing, scores and etc) I'm looking for some talent to add to my team. PM me if you're interested. I'm still in my planning stage just to fore warn you.

gtmotor 09-02-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by amRRussel (Post 1096251)
:icon_worthless:

:icon_werd::icon_iamwithstupid:

Doooood! My goal is to become a senior engineer someday. Color me jealous, congrats!

I went to college for civil engineering. Where I currently work is a surveying company as a draftsman. I'm contracted out sort of right now to a coal company out of Pittsburgh that has me doing coal reserves, deep mine layouts, permits for coal sites etc. I got word a few weeks ago that Marshall Miller is reviewing my work and like how I'm doing things and agree with my work; that made my year to hear that! (Marshall Miller is the biggest coal engineer firm in the states and is internationally respected.) Slowly working up the ladder of success. I want to to back to school and get my Master's, soon.
I am comfortable with the pay and living is easier than it has been in the past so currently I'm enjoying life before I get back to business.

Cool, I started my career as an intern for a civil engineering firm. I highly suggest the Masters degree. Its rapidly becoming the standard to get a job in my industry.

I have my BS in mechanical engineering and my MS in Systems Engineering.

mike.bucci 09-02-2011 04:11 PM

obviously BS'n. I just started a new job as quality control at a terminal manufacturing company. they'll be sending me to school for it soon, so hopefully pay will get a nice bump.

Aken 09-02-2011 07:52 PM

I work from my bedroom making websites and web applications. http://www.cryode.com

mike.bucci 09-02-2011 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 1096422)
I work from my bedroom making websites and web applications. Affordable Web Development & Design - Cryode Web Studio, Waukesha, Wisconsin

pretty great stuff ya got there aken.

Aken 09-02-2011 08:28 PM

Danke!

comodidit 09-03-2011 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 1096422)
I work from my bedroom making websites and web applications. Affordable Web Development & Design - Cryode Web Studio, Waukesha, Wisconsin

Mind if I shoot you a PM and pick your brain? I'm doing a website for a friend's company and last minute they jumped me with a couple feature requests that I've got no idea how to implement.

maineiack 09-03-2011 04:09 PM

I am a Corrections Officer up here in Maine. But have recently filled out applications for full time National Guard employment turning wrenches.

Aken 09-03-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by comodidit (Post 1096575)
Mind if I shoot you a PM and pick your brain? I'm doing a website for a friend's company and last minute they jumped me with a couple feature requests that I've got no idea how to implement.

Sure. You can email me through the website for a faster response also.

elevensies 09-07-2011 04:27 AM

i trained and worked as a field tech engineer for a ''special company''

now im a fireman, and have been for a number of years.