Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Were do you work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were do you work?

Well like the title says "Were do you work at?", with the economy the way it is, most ppl can't get jobs in the field they studied for or went to collage for, As bikers we have to have that gas $$ to have some fun, so how do you afford it as $13-$15 in the tank a day can add up and that's only if you fill up once, insurance, tires, and reg maintenance. My girl is always getting on me about the gas, smokes, & food etc, I spend daily, hahaa.

I work for myself, started a gaming website (Dxt Gaming Owns!!!) that went from a hobby to a full time job, but I'm just waiting to find a better career. As gaming on the pc is fun but what I do is not the best of work.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM

$13-$15 per day? dang, how many miles you putting on that beast. my 11mpg truck doesn't even cost me that much.

btw, i work at an ambulance company as a human resources manager......and i hate it.....

Old 09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
August 2011 ROTM

As most people knows, I work for myself as well. I have one business with just me and I also have another one with my ex bf.

We spend half a day commuting and at work. I say whatever is fun for you is a good job. It doesn't matter how much money you make. When it is fun, you will be happier than some boring jobs that gives you big salary.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM

well $13-15 is putting 93 octane in my beast @ $3.70 a gallon here, and it gets me to and from the city which is about an hour drive each way. I get around 120-130 miles out of my tank before the fuel light comes on, I don't push it much past that so the fuel pump doesn't go bad.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Times are tough...happy to have a job + health care + roof over head + CBR as hobby. 1st. quit whatever not necessary. I smoke 1 pack & day & pay Starbuck 1 cup of coffee a day. I quit smoking going on 2 years now. Saving me $1500 a year. Quit buying Starbuck and now brewing coffee at home saving about $900 a year. I work for a trading company which sells China fasteners. Don't make enough yet to enjoy life but just enough to meet ends meet.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:54 PM

I work for Auto Value now which is only 15 or so miles away so i dont worry to much about gas getting there. but i am only a sophomore in college now so i dont expect to have a full time job in my major yet, but im hoping to get something good when i get out. Im majoring in computer science so there will be plenty of opportunities in the near future

Old 09-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by cobra1000rr
Well like the title says "Were do you work at?", with the economy the way it is, most ppl can't get jobs in the field they studied for or went to collage for, As bikers we have to have that gas $$ to have some fun, so how do you afford it as $13-$15 in the tank a day can add up and that's only if you fill up once, insurance, tires, and reg maintenance. My girl is always getting on me about the gas, smokes, & food etc, I spend daily, hahaa.

I work for myself, started a gaming website (Dxt Gaming Owns!!!) that went from a hobby to a full time job, but I'm just waiting to find a better career. As gaming on the pc is fun but what I do is not the best of work.
wow your website is impressive. lots of neat stuff. do you guys get any free beta keys for being a pc gaming community?

Old 09-01-2011, 02:16 PM

No we don't get any free beta keys atm, we were thinking of getting into the keys and less of the hacking lol. If anyone wants a free subscription for any of the games we do just let me know on here and I can hook ya up.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 PM

i work as an internet marketer and do SEO work for companies like IMAX and a couple others. I also do curbing and landscaping on the side as well as motorcycle repairs with a buddy of mine in a small shop we own

Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 PM

i work in the navy as an air traffic controller. love my job, hate the military.

Quick Reply: Were do you work?