Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well it looks like the economy bit me too.... lost my job today

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well it looks like the economy bit me too.... lost my job today

Yup yup.... first time in my life I've ever been laid off! It's been really slow lately at my work, and they've been laying people off like crazy over the last couple months. We knew today a few more were gonna go, and it looks like I was one of them (one of the wrecker drivers was the other). Kinda surprised me since I work straight commission, and previously they had been getting rid of all the hourly people. 3 days after my 1 year anniversary too.... oh well at least I'm getting paid for my weeks vacation time I had coming to me at least.

Oh well I'm not too worried... I'll find something else. Kinda frees me up for new opportunities I guess... not sure if I'm gonna stay doing the same thing again or not (Ford diesel tech). I know I don't want to turn wrenches my whole life, so we'll see maybe there's something else out there for me. I've been thinking of getting into HVAC, though I would like to go back to school and get something like an electrical or mechanical engineering degree... we'll see I guess!

If there's anything that makes me feel a little better about the whole thing, is that my bosstold me multiple times that it was absolutely no fault of mine... I did nothing wrong and they really liked me and that I did great work and all, but they were just reducing workforce. And the reason they picked me was just because of seniority... I was the last one hired in the truck shop, so naturally I was first on the list to go. He said he really didn't want to but had no choice, so I understand... it's all good. I am gonna miss this place though.... hands down THE coolest group of managers I could ever ask for.... very laid back and easy going

Ahhh well... that was my fun day! [8D]

Old 11-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well it looks like the economy bit me too.... lost my job today

That's the spirit. Sorry to hear about that man, but you got you chin up and that's the way to be !

Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is getting all too common. Sorry!

I wish you all the best luck replacing the job.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:30 PM

ROAD TRIP!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
RCR

Sorry to hear Third.

But look at it this way, Truck sales are way down and most shops will be laying off due to not as many warranty claims. When that happens you will already be in a new field of work while not havng to compete with tons of other applicants.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 PM

sorry to hear man, at leastyougot a good attitude about it.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 PM

Yeah I got laid off last January. The worst part was they told us we were shutting down 2 days before thanksgiving so it kind of ruined the holidays. I went back to school and I am working on getting my Mechanical Engineering degree. As it turns out I am glad we closed because I had it a little too good and probably wouldn't have gone back to school. Now when I graduate I will have a much better chance to get into something I want to do instead of something that pays the bills.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:15 PM

Go hit up the unemployment line now.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 PM

Jared, sorry to hear it man. I feel your pain and am happy to hear you have a positive attitude about it. Keep your head up and stay positive, things happen for a reason.

Quick Reply: Well it looks like the economy bit me too.... lost my job today