Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well Acura has lost a customer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I intend to buy a transmission and swap it for her if she wants to keep the car. However, the dealership lied to her and tried to rip her off. This is the second Acura dealerhsip thats has pulled such bs. Also the fact that this is a known issue that should have been recalled a long time ago is just icing on the cake. Acura should have never rushed to fit a 5 speed auto in a 4 speed case and then covered it up with oil jet recalls. This whole thing should have been remedied long long ago. I have had Hondas that ran just fine past 250k and used to preach their reliability but after this mess and the shenanigans at the dealership I wont be dealing with them again.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:44 AM

Theres a difference between losing a customer to do acura and losing a customer cuz of crappy dealerships. Thats like buying a ford and expecting it to be reliable and well made. I have an acura and got 154k miles on it, changed the clutch at 18k and that was it, dealer wanted 1400$ i did it myself for 800.

Now i haven't changed a single thing on my car and i mean nothing but oil changes and transmission change (manual trans). Now if it were a ford then i can totally understand that cuz there just garbage, and whoever wrote buy a BMW? Well lets just say ever since 2001 BMW is absolute trash.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:03 AM

Transmissions have never been a particularly strong point for Honda. Doesn't surprise me. Usually when you're that close, and have a known issue they'll give goodwill.

I would call them back, and ask to be escalated to a high level regional manager. Explain your situation, that you were lied to by dealer personnel (confirmed by Acura rep) and very close to the warranty end date. Tell them firmly that it is well documented to be a known problem area due to an engineering failure on Acura's part and that denying a claim that close to expiration is not what you expect from a company striving to be a luxury marque (they really aren't in the big leagues of luxury, they know it, and want to be there). Explain that you expect much more from them, and they have the opportunity to either prove that they go the extra mile for their customers like a good company, or they have the option to deny one small claim and lose a customer for life, and have him share his negative experience and discourage other friends/family members/potential customers from purchasing from Acura, especially in your area.

Be *explicitly clear* about what you want. Don't act like you want them to do you a favor, act like they know they need to fix it, and that you expect them to.

And then, don't buy Acura. You don't want overpriced FWD Hondas, do you? No. You don't.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHECK THE ODOMETER IS WORKING PROPERLY

Many odometers over read - their is a class action lawsuit with a number of brands going on right now. Research that car and find out - 2000 miles out of 145k is only 1.75% error!

If you can make a case that the odometer reading is inaccurate, then it is still in warranty.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:55 AM

And buy a BMW next time[/QUOTE]

Now this is the right thing to do! Love my bimmer!

Old 04-10-2009, 11:39 AM

i trust acura and honda that made in japan cu'z its durable built and the rest designed for business...if i were u buy lexuz no worry...theres no other car like lexuz...

Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by raiden
i trust acura and honda that made in japan cu'z its durable built and the rest designed for business...if i were u buy lexuz no worry...theres no other car like lexuz...

What?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:37 PM

The whole, well you should support Acura, cause it's just one bad dealership is rubbish. It's acura that has there name on the building, it's acura that has it's name on the car. They should try to live up to there reputation, and keep the dealerships in check.

Thats whats happend with GM. The crappy stealerships, with there useless mechanics, have ruined there reputation, and now there going bankrupt. Personally my father bought a Buick Park Avenue from them. And kept having nothing but headaches from them like you. Wrong parts installed, couldn't seem to bleed the brakes. He had to take the car in 4 times in one week cause of the brakes wern't safe. And they wouldn't even warranty the work they just did 24 hrs ago. And when he called GM they said "it's a private dealership nothing they could do" Well my father has bought any thing but Gm since. I hope they go under good riddence

BTW, In Japan there is no acura models, there all honda's. Acura is just a export name for america etc. So I don't seen why going to a Honda dealership should void the warranty

Old 04-10-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by thegreenbandit
The whole, well you should support Acura, cause it's just one bad dealership is rubbish. It's acura that has there name on the building, it's acura that has it's name on the car. They should try to live up to there reputation, and keep the dealerships in check.
+1000 to this.
Originally Posted by thegreenbandit
BTW, In Japan there is no acura models, there all honda's. Acura is just a export name for america etc. So I don't seen why going to a Honda dealership should void the warranty
You can go to ANY shop you want and it won't void the warranty. But since he doesn't have a history of being loyal to one dealer, they are using that as an excuse to deny him goodwill. It's stupid.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:20 AM

The dealership could be trash, the manufacturer could be trash, but the bottom line is his mother is outside of the warranty. Without an extended warranty from the dealer or from whomever she financed the car through, there is nothing they can force the dealer or the manufacturer to do about it.

Out of warranty = out of luck

Quick Reply: Well Acura has lost a customer