Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you hunt? (animals-like the furry little woodland creature type-not cougars
Yes, I'm an avid hunter
20.83%
Yes, I hunt occasionally but not frequently
20.83%
Yes, I have before, but only with family members who hunt
12.50%
No, I do not hunt
45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Well...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't be rifle hunting this year. I filled my tags during bow season... when it was warmer out.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
Seeing how they have grocery stores these days, why go hunt for it??
In Louisiana its against the law for grocers to buy/sale wild game meats and it has a diffrent taste than farm raised animals. Just can't beat some nice back-strap.

Originally Posted by justasquid
I won't be rifle hunting this year. I filled my tags during bow season... when it was warmer out.
Nice, our bow season started the first of October then primitive ( black powder ) started two weeks later and rifle season started Oct 31stish.

Have gotten a 8 point with my 45-70 and haven't had a chance to go with my rifle. The guy i work with has gotten 3 with his bow so far.

Probably wait til rut to go out with my rifle, about another two weeks and big bucks will start to chase them does. Have seen a massive buck on my deer cam and hoping to bag him the week of thanksgiving.

Haven't been bow hunting yet, i am pretty good shooting targets with it....buts a different ball game 15' up in a tree when a big buck or doe walks out. Props on filling all your tags with a bow justasquid.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was talking food in general. Dont really like that "gamie" meat anyways.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bow hunt, too many jackasses out there during rifle season.

I'm getting ready for second archery season. I still have a deer and elk tag to fill.

I had a shot on a cow first season, but like a woman, she turned showed me her *** and walked away.

I may get out and try for a turkey and maybe some duck and geese.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by ko67
I bow hunt, too many jackasses out there during rifle season.

I'm getting ready for second archery season. I still have a deer and elk tag to fill.

I had a shot on a cow first season, but like a woman, she turned showed me her *** and walked away.

I may get out and try for a turkey and maybe some duck and geese.
I've always wanted to go elk hunting, had a few trips i could have went on just never had the time. Now some duck hunting is fun and planning on making a hunt soon, planning a trip with my uncle to do some turkey hunting sometime in the near future.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
Seeing how they have grocery stores these days, why go hunt for it??
Why?

Because some of us like to get out in the woods. Nothing like sitting on a ridge just as the sun is rising and hearing some big elk bugling. It's kinda eerie and exciting all at the same time. It's also nice to just sit out there in big stand of timber and chill for a bit.

I also prefer venison/elk to crappy grocery store meat. The deer I hunt spend most of their time eating grass and hazelnuts. No gamey taste at all.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by bigboi18184
I've always wanted to go elk hunting, had a few trips i could have went on just never had the time. Now some duck hunting is fun and planning on making a hunt soon, planning a trip with my uncle to do some turkey hunting sometime in the near future.
I'm lucky, I can go an hour east or west and get into elk. Deer I can hunt on my property. Turkeys, ducks and geese as well.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

deer meat with some added pig or cow fat makes for good burger... even with the added fat they are alot more lean and health for you compared to cow burgers....

and while going to the store is great theres no telling where the mean came from, what the cow or the specific animal ate, or how they were butchered or processed...

i do buy alot of meat from the store but its always good to have a solid meal every now and then, that you actually know where the meat came from, or how it came to be on your plate

Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM

I'm lucky, I can go an hour east or west and get into elk. Deer I can hunt on my property. Turkeys, ducks and geese as well.
Ya wish i was that close to elk, I'm on a hunting lease over in the town i was raised in. So i can hunt just about every different season....except large game like elk and moose. The most fun I've had is the Hog hunts we do, sometimes we run dogs and sometimes set traps.

And my dad has a bunch of land south of where i live i use for deer and small game on occasion.

To me its just fun sitting around the camp telling about the days hunt....even if i didn't bring back anything. Which is most of the time hahaha, but you never know when they monster buck is going to come out.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why?

Because some of us like to get out in the woods. Nothing like sitting on a ridge just as the sun is rising and hearing some big elk bugling. It's kinda eerie and exciting all at the same time. It's also nice to just sit out there in big stand of timber and chill for a bit.

I also prefer venison/elk to crappy grocery store meat. The deer I hunt spend most of their time eating grass and hazelnuts. No gamey taste at all.
Human beings are animals too. Someday we may be hunted?? Hunting wouldnt be so cool then. Or would it???