Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Welcome!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome!!!

The newest member of Scientology...Will Smith http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...i_n_73469.htmljoin because of this guy ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQXLu...RGTIGtZTlVEMDA==

Old 01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Welcome!!!

alright i am only saying something because i actually like Will Smith and just recently watched an E! special on him and i respect him a lot for his family values and the like and being able to maintain a marriage in hollywood and things of that nature.

For the record, Will Smith is not a member of scientology. The only reason I have perspective is from that show. I guess one of the things he is most respected for in hollywood is that he stands by his friends (even if they are a wackjob, i.e., Tom Cruise). He made that statement to defend Tom Cruise's beliefs, not that he necessarily believes in it. If you read what he said, he said he follows the Bible (another thing I WON'T get into) and merely says that the principles are 98% the same.

Sooooo...not that I am a raging Will Smith fan, but I do like him as a member of Hollywood and the taint of scientology is just....ewck.....and being that I just heard the reasoning behind his statement, I thought I would share.

Now if anyone would like to talk about the whackjob he stood up for, I am all about it...LOL....nutjob! [8D]

Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now lets all get jiggy with it! lol im a smith fan too...gotta love the fresh prince...i think that quote was taken completely out of context...im gonna side with stinky fingers on this one

Old 01-16-2008, 08:32 PM

Write a word...any word or words will do...

Highlight that word or words by clicking and holding...then release

Highlight the desired link...then right click said link with the wise and powerful 'copy'...

Return to highlighted word or words and click 'insert link'...then press gently upon 'paste'...

...and voila!

...unless there's an Apple in the house--then it's anybody's guess

...sorry--you're probably on a nice 42" plasma monitor that displays panoramic views--

not me...me and my 22" square CRT are still friends...[&o]

Old 01-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Retired Moderator

So...Tom Cruise is nuts, but I don' think he used to be. Did that coincide with his rebirth as a "scientologist" or was he always nuts? What the hell is scientology anyway? The state department, journalists, courts, and "governing bodies" consider it a cult (according to Wilkipedia). What's the deal? Thanks for the link, Spirit.

P.S. Tom Cruise is gay....

Old 01-18-2008, 07:09 AM

They're not a gang...they are a club!

Old 01-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned

Scientology is no different than any other belief in a 'system', I don't think it is a 'religion' per se. Religion and real estate are what most wars are fought over, I don't believe people have died en masse due to Scientology like any of the major organized wars that we know about. But like anything else, we fear what we don't understand and I for one enjoy the wacky antics of Tom Cruise and his cohorts. It make me feel somehow more normal and that my friends rarely happens.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:40 AM

There always a band wangon to jump on in Hollywood. I don't even bother with celebs or whay they do. IMO they are all over paid babies.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Scientology is a corporation that feeds off of the people willing to believe in it. Start researching it. You will be amazed at some of the crazy **** they've done to people who spoke out against it. While you're at it, look up "Project Chanology" on Wikipedia.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 PM

WTF!!! it was deleted... This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of Scientology International..mother ****ers...why can they steal the internet from us and we cant steal it from them.

Search this Thread