Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Weight Loss?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight Loss?

So i have been working out the last couple of months, and realized that finding the right food to eat isnot easy. Any of you workout junkies out there got any meal plans to reccomend? High protien low carbs would be optimal. Im no vegan so dont even mention it.

All help isgreatly appreciated.

My job/being out of town and not playing sports anymore has turned me into a fatty. Need to get back down to my 180lbs... currently 220ish..

Thanks

Old 04-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned
Default RE: Weight Loss?

Try my 5 minute weight loss plan.

After you eat, go to the bathroom and shove your finger down your throat...then just watch the pounds fall off.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Try my 5 minute weight loss plan.

After you eat, go to the bathroom and shove your finger down your throat...then just watch the pounds fall off.
I thought i had to be a member of a sorority/pom squad?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:18 AM

I would like to hear some good info as well. Over the winter i kept warm by adding a "few" pounds and now i feel it when i try to tuck under my windscreen...

Going fast used to be tuck and go, now i have to inhale,tuck then go

Old 04-18-2008, 10:22 AM
RCR

quit filling your pie hole every hour

Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 AM

^^^^^mmmmmmmmmmm Pie!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:25 AM

OK y'all here goes:

if youre trying to lose weight, cut out soda first. Then alcohol or at least keep it to a minimum. Next, eat breakfast! its the most important meal of the day as it jumpstarts your metabolism for the rest of the day. Do not miss this opportunity to load up on nutrients and feel fuller longer. Next, if youre wanting to lose weight divide your portions up. if you eat a bagel for breakfast, only eat 1/2 and use the 2nd half as bread for a turkey or chicken breast sandwhich for lunch. If you want high protein, try the following:

eggs
steak
LOTS of chicken breasts
tuna (not too often tho), great in salads

for fillers
rice
vegetables of any kind, stir fry or cook in water. i am a big fan of broccoli

avoid spreads on sammiches, use mustard tho. also, do 20-30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week. If youre wanting to put on some muscle or even lose weight you should incorporate some weight training or resistance training to your routine. Also ALWAYS lift before you do cardio. its ok to do like 5-10 mins to warm up, but your body has glycogen stores that it uses for energy first before it will burn fat. Its better to burn those off lifting weights so when youre done and do cardio youre burning more fat because the glycogen is already gone.

Its really early and im 1/2 awake but if you want more info or anything you can PM me and i'll keep checking the thread Im a gym rat hahaa

Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 AM

Try just cutting out 1 or 2 bad things from your diet. I went from drinking regular soda to drinking diet and I lost 40 lbs. I ate pretty much the same but just made sure I never went to crazy with bad food. You probably wont lose 40 just by cutting out one or two things because I had a lot more to lose, but it will help and its really easy. Oh and just never get fast food. Ever. That definitly helps too.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:26 AM

Food probably isn't your biggest problem. Try jogging, or bicycling, or a combo of both. I lost 20 lbs this year by getting off my fat *** and doing both. Down to 185 now, and I still eat what I want.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:53 AM

I'm by no means an expert, but I have lost about 100 lbs in the last year. I can tell you, it feels good to be in the "normal" BMI range, and not classified as "obese". My secret? It doesn't matter. I could tell you to eat peanut butter (but not too much), load up on fruits and veggies, and eat lean protein, olive oil, omega 3's,blah, blah, blah. The solution is something you need to find out for yourself. Just remember, as simple as it sounds: Calories conusmed - calories burned = weight loss. Period. Glycemic index may play a part, but i think it's marginal. Find what foods you like the most, and continue to eat them. If they're high calories, tell yourself you can eat as much as you want. Just not now. Delay your impulses. Exercise self control (believe me, I know it's not easy), because if you do, you will feel less guilty when you have a little too much. Eat when you're hungry, not just because it's there or it's lunchtime. Don't justify things in your head by saying things like: "I was "good" yesterday, so i can eat lots today", etc. I really hope you get something out of this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weight Loss?