Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WEAR YOUR F**KING HELMET!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WEAR YOUR F**KING HELMET!

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

I always wear my helmet because it's the law here in Tennessee. Even if it wasn't the law, I would still wear it. I like my head, and I would like to keep it in good shape!
LOL. I like my head too.

They're seriously considering making a helmet-law here, but then you have all the guys on Harley's and crusiers parading around, protesting that idea. I have yet to see ANY Harley guy around here wear a helmet, some of the crusier guys do, and some of the sport riders do, but the majority just have their helmet strapped onto the tail, and they're wearing their Hollister gear and Oakley face protection.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, I was at a redlight of a major intersection the other day. Across from me there was a guy with Fabio-like blonde hair. He was riding a Ninja 636, and wasn't wearing a helmet. He was sitting there combing his long hair with his fingers, waiting for the light to change green.He didn't see the cop sitting at the north red light.
As soon as his light changed, the guy on the Ninja came across, and as soon as he did the cop got him! I chuckled because the guy looked like a tool.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:02 PM

wear your helmet fool...

thats funny Tenneseecbr, fabio look a like he prolly drove off after his ticket and got a pegeon to his face... haha

Old 08-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Retired Moderator

Accidents seem to occur when you least expect them...like a trip down the street to the market. I wish I had the staistic, but MAJOR amounts of accidents happen within a few miles of home...seems to hold true for cages as well. I think that riding without a helmet is like being with a prostitute and...well...riding without a helmet.
Hey Foxy...we really don't want to hear about your roomie getting hurt (a new member, yes?). You should bust his *** courtesy of the forum!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM

After nine days in my Arai ( or die ), I have a zit on my forehead the size of a gumball. Badge of honor if you ask me. Pax, G.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Of course everyone should wear a helmet but chances are it's not going to save your *** in many types of wrecks. If you slide down the road, yes itmay help. If you slam into a car,guardrail, or some other immovable objectall it will probably do is allow you to have an open casket. If someone decides not to wear one that's their prerogative and their life.Hopefully, the ones we care about make the right choice.

I'mso tired of hearing about motorcyclist deaths and the ONLY THING people care about is "Was he wearing a helmet?" If you say "yes" they don't know what to say, shrug their shoulders, and have no intelligent follow-up questions. If you say "no", look out!... "How could he be so stupid!" "What a moron, he deserved it!" "Darwin!"

Rarely do people bother to find out if a helmet would have made ANY difference in the wreck.

[sm=rant.gif]

Yes, I wear a helmet. Yes, there were times I rode without one in the past.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 AM

Hell, I don't like to hear about anyone passing away, unless it was my ex...anyways, I'll wear my gear wherever I go. Yesterday when I was out riding, I stopped for my usual smoke break and a group of 3little kids (probally 10, 12 years old?) came up and said, "Woa, nice bike man". I thanked them and asked if they were going to get one when they got older.A "yes" came out of every single one of their mouths. Some of them even knew about bikes! What really impressed me was when they were talking about gear. All 3 of them said that they wanted helmets/leathers/gloves, etc., to match their bikes with their names on the back of their leathers like the pros. I smiled and said, "That'd be neat. Who knows, maybe you'll be the next Nicky". Then one said, "Nicky sucks, Rossi's better". I laughed again and told them that if they did get a bike to buy gear and be safe. And they said that only stupid people ride without gear. Remember, these are little kids. They're smarter than people twice their age.
Whyin the hell do you think that they make gear? Why do the pros/track riders wear gear?...I mean, come on people, it's common sense, if you have any.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 05RR

.........it's common sense, if you have any.
BINGO! THAT'S the problem. For the majority of people, common sense is harder to get than plutonium.