Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

we went down today.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we went down today.

Txn_driver and I were headed back to his place of employment after a quick lunch together. As we were headed into the turn, the truck in front of us dropped some dirt or rocks or something. We hit it and being already leaned just a little, there was no saving it. My bike now has undetermined damage and we are both sitting down with ice packs on various knees and shoulders.

Damage to us - he banged his shoulder pretty good as it was the first thing to hit the ground and a scrape on his knee through the jeans. Me - I'm gonna have a whopper of a bruise where my knee hit the concrete divider. I can only imagine what we would look like if we didnt have full gear on. Just yesterday some of the guys at work were ragging me about wearing all the hot gear every day to work. Now I'm so glad that I do.

I was too upset to look the bike over closely.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: we went down today.

bikes can be fixed , its a lil harder to fix you lol glad nothing is broken or worse. did anyone stop to help the 2 of you ?

Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM

That sucks, did you get ahold of the truck that dumped all that crap?

Old 05-10-2007, 06:28 PM

thats what i was so pissed about, NOT A F*CKING person stopped, not even the lady right behind us
another ride went by, and he didnt even stop. Me and the wife both need new jackets now, my leather jacket it ruined=( i need a new helment, i hit my head 2 or 3 times on the ground, ripping my face shield off, looking around for the wife while i was rolling, finally i just did the smart thing and layed flat with my arms out once i saw her and saw she was ok. bike damage is as follows, cracked upper fairing, right mirror ripped off, need new lower fairing, front wheel fairing cracked, either front fork bend or handle bars twisted ( if you turn the wheel all the way to the left the tire is straight, put the wheel straight and the tire is to the right) scratched headlight cover, scratched exhuast, but no leaks or damage to engine and engine components, a little road rash on the back where it says 600 F4i, and right front turn signal ripped off. shifter and rear brake pedal ok, clutch cable and handle ok, front brake handle broken, gonna wait till tommorrow or monday to take it to the honda dealer to get an estimate, i dont think the frames bent, i think its just the front fork/handlebars i figure, 2800-3K to get her fixed. and no the freaking truck just kept going also, i didnt even get the license plate #, he dropped several rocks right in the middle of the turn where i couldnt do a dang thing but hope i didnt hit one...THAT obviously didnt work

Old 05-10-2007, 06:47 PM

That's real ****ty man. I remember a couple years back I was driving down the highway, a cement truck about 10 car lengths ahead of me started spewing cement chunks out its chute. Kinda scary going 70mph with boulders bouncing towards you. Was able to avoid them, but I damn near **** a brick doing it. I don't ride anywhere near cement trucks or dump trucks anymore, rather get a speeding ticket passing them then getting a chest full of rocks. I've also noticed now a lot of cement trucks have those big circular blocking plates over their chutes, step in the right direction I guess.
Anyway, enough about me, glad you two aren't much worse for wear, sorry to hear about the bike though, heal up quick

Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 PM

Havoc is right, bikes and gear can be replaced but you can't. Glad you weren't seriously hurt and +1 on full gear.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks! thank God you guys were wearing gear!

Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 PM

glad to hear that your OK. sucks to hear that ya'll went down but ya'll be up and running, Is insurance going to cover the damage? so let us see some pics of the bike,,,,and i remember you saying that you were getting new gear so here it is...

Old 05-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Glad you're both alright. That just pisses me off to hear that nobody stopped. Last year as I was on a country road I highsided after hitting a whole patch of stones. There was someone behind me, unknown how far back, but I know they saw me go down into the ditch. As soon as I stopped sliding andtubling, I heard them go by, so they weren't too far back. Didn't stop either.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Glad to hear you guys are fine. did you see the name of the company on the back of the truck might see who was in the area that day,or the color you might find out that way to help with some of cost. Good luck

Quick Reply: we went down today.