Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are we Human or are we Dancer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would give my left ******** to be able to come together with you guys, sit at a table with a glass of wine and throw ideas back and forth for an evening!!! Unfortunatley, I havn't had the opportunity to do so since I've moved to where I live now.

Among many of my thoughts, I believe that humans are all about levels (sort of like hinduism). On some levels material things and being a puppet can make you totally happy within your blissfull ignorance,

Once you transcend that level (if you ever do... and I see that the previous posters have)focus and priorities lead you elsewhere, where other things will provide happiness.

Thank you all for ithe oportunity at introspection.

Danny

Last edited by Fireblade787; 10-27-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, deep philosophical conversations, with a drink or two ... kinda miss all that with the people and family I once knew........

I find as we age our priorities change too ... when younger it was more about materials and getting ahead, with age comes more the desire to just be simply happy again ... do you remember that natural simple "HaPpY" you used to have as a child, that innocence and the things that made you laugh ... often money just never came into it :-)

Jules

Last edited by Juliet; 10-27-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:14 PM

So true Jules!! We could start a whole 'nother thread about the people who have made a philisophicasl impact on us in our lives!!!

So sad when those peeps arent around, but sooooo sweet when you are able to get together!!!!

**And also, by no means can I exclude myself from the puppetness, I think we all get caught up in it at some moment or another... and its those precious moment in that my feet touch the ground again that keep me centered and reminded of the truth of things...

Last edited by Fireblade787; 10-27-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 PM

That first song used to be on the radio every 5 minutes, not anymore though...

What I have to say here is that we all are humans, but we all are different. Some of us are leaders and others are followers. It's not a bad or good thing. We need all kinds of people to make this world interesting and different.

We say that the money is evil, but it's not the money, it's the users. Money can influence people, and not always in a good way, but some remain as generous, as mindful.

Juliet, I think you just opened a pandora box ^_^

Old 10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2H company

Juliet, I think you just opened a pandora box ^_^
method to my madness, there is ... it was my intention, there is a force out there, a kind of magic ... we can use it for good or evil, we have that choice ... like electricity, you can use it to kill or to provide light :-)

Jules

Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fireblade787
**And also, by no means can I exclude myself from the puppetness, I think we all get caught up in it at some moment or another... and its those precious moment in that my feet touch the ground again that keep me centered and reminded of the truth of things...
True that. While we all may have great moral intentions.. even the best of us goes astray and gets a little vain from time to time.

As for the human v. dancer discussion I myself happen to think that there is an in-between -- or a collaboration. I think that to say that one's own drive and determination does not play into their fate is just crazy. At the same time our society certainly has many constructs that manifest in many different ways to determine the course of some events in our lives and even determine the ease with which we can travel on a given path in our life.

One small example from my own life which I find to be very appropriate to the forums. Had it not been for the divorce of my parents when I was young and my mother getting married to my step-dad later down the road I never would have had the opportunity to ride/race dirtbikes and atvs as a kid and that interest may not have been explored. From being into that scene, I became interested in street bikes as a teen and made a goal to get one when I could afford it. Here I am about 8 years later with my bike. So from a dancer perspective I am here because of the opportunity I was afforded and the path I just ended up on by chance.

On the other hand my brother, who is just a bit younger than I, grew up in the same way I did and did not get into the street scene. So to me there is a collaboration of the two ideas here. There is the "fate" sort of perspective where I was put on this path to be into motorcycles, but on the other hand my individual interest is what pushed me to pursue it whereas my brother did not.

So there's my perspective. It's the whole nature v. nurture discussion and to me there is no black and white answer, only shades of grey.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 AM

gettin deep chuck, i totally agree that life has impacted us in a direction or two, i can relate in a big way, for me moms would rather me skydive from a short bridge with a bed sheet than ride a motorcycle, so i rode all the lucky , spoiled kids bikes, that i why i bought a bike the same day i moved out of the house, saying NO always made me want it more. all that said , i guess ima material guy in away. but as i age i find the joys in life to be playin football with my kids, or watchin my son tear out on his little klx110. the best joy in my life is to see my wife and kids smile and run out to the truck to greet me after a awful day at work,get in a ride , shoot pool with my bros at the bar ,and to chat with all of you here and there. I think i fit in both catagories but still know what is most important.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bambam
the best joy in my life is to see my wife and kids smile and run out to the truck to greet me after a awful day at work,get in a ride , shoot pool with my bros at the bar ,and to chat with all of you here and there. I think i fit in both catagories but still know what is most important.
Gotta appreciate a dude who knows what's important in life.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM

We all choose what's important to us. Those interests can be totally different, and I think there are as many of those as people on the planet.

It's the whole nature v. nurture discussion and to me there is no black and white answer, only shades of grey.
I'd say that there is no gray in this world. Of course, it's just my opinion, but people tend to go extreme in every subject. There are so few who stand the middle ground.

I'd always dreamed of my own street bike. I couldn't even imagine I would have one in my life. But the US hourly pay and California's weather made it come true!

What's important to me? Hmmm...
See as many happy people as possible, make some of those happy by your own deeds. And to be loved. This is the most important thing in this life, everything else is irrelevant.