Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can anyone offer legal advise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone offer legal advise?

So I got a speeding ticket on my drive home tonight but I don't think its a real ticket. Here's what happened:

I was driving home from work and traffic was backed up so I decided to cut through a community collage campus. While I was on the campus I got pulled over by rent-a-cop in his Toyota Prius that wasn't even a police car. It was a department of pubic safety car. All 75 LBS of officer **** came up and said he pulled me over for speeding and took my license and insurance info back to his car. He came back and said he was giving me a college ticket. WTF is that??? He said there is no court date, it will not go on my record, I don't have to go to a drivers safety class and I get my license back (For those of you that don't live in Illinois they take your license when they give you a ticket, its pretty stupid). Officer **** said to pay the ticket in 40 days. Now as I am looking over this college ticket I notice nowhere does it say who to make the check out to or where to send it to. My question is do I really have to pay it as it is a college ticket and not from a municipality. Can the college go to the city or have a warrant out for my arrest? Or do I not pay it and not go on the campus again?

Any input would be great. Thanks

Old 10-28-2009, 07:25 PM

In florida , that would mean you cant drive or park on campus until youve paid the fine. but him keepin your licence kinda has you over a barrell. pay it and move on.JMO peace

Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 PM
October 2011 ROTM

No he didn't keep my license, I have it. So I don't know if there are really any consequences for me not paying it?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, its prolly like it is on our local campus, no legal action will come of it, but if you're a student on said campus then they can harass you over the fine or even kick you out of your classes. Most times, if you go in n argue it gets dropped too :lol:

Old 10-28-2009, 07:57 PM

then if your not a student there ,avoid cuttin thru. the campus police is mainly there to keep students in line. youll prob be alright. However there are a couple of schools here that can issue a real ticket with real points (UNF) and (JU). I think it would be worth askin a local police officer and youll get the real skoop. peace

Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I am not a student there nor do I plan on ever becoming one. I just use there campus to shave 2 minutes off my commute.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM

Pubic safety? Is it an infraction to have a curly one showing? Speeding in a pubic zone....is that the same as a quicky? Maybe it would be best not to bump heads with officer ****- unless your into that kind of thing. LOL

Shaving in a pubic zone... stop it my ribs are starting to hurt...

Old 10-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

College tickets are nada... unless the college PD have real powers. Drexel and U. Penn PD, for example, can issue real tickets.

Best way to tell tho is usually this: Was he carrying? If they can really shoot you, they can usually really enforce law

Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd call the campus and tell them you want your day in court. If they can't provide you that, then I'd say screw 'em.
That is, if they aren't real police. Judging just by the prius alone, I'd say you're good on that... lol..

Sounds like your normal BS campus security guards to me.....

Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 PM

You'll probably get off... just call it a close shave. Officer **** will have to give you a stiff warning. Next time you shave a little off you'll take your time and not disturb the little ****.

Quick Reply: Can anyone offer legal advise?