Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Way to go!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Way to go!!

Seems like he lived a pretty fulfilling life. Seems like thats more of luck these days...my generation is dying off faster than the old guys. Kinda makes me think of a bunch of quotes like "Why tiptoe through life just to arrive safely at death"

Old 01-06-2009, 08:29 AM
RCR

Sorry to thread Jack

I will leave before someone starts posting like a madd man ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*edit*

This is a CBR motor cycle forum.. aside from bikes, personal issues and general get to know each other topics , all others specific non related topics should be taken else where .....

Stole this from another thread.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

Seems like he lived a pretty fulfilling life. Seems like thats more of luck these days...my generation is dying off faster than the old guys. Kinda makes me think of a bunch of quotes like "Why tiptoe through life just to arrive safely at death"

is it though wolfy?? .. I believe that you can have a fun life and do the things you want yet still look after yourself, you know eat right and keep exercising ..all that is conducive to a longer life .. even just being active and doing what you want is conducive to living longer .. think of people who retire and then sit in a chair all day watching tv versus those that carry on living and more importantly moving ...

Jules

Old 01-06-2009, 08:48 AM

96 years old and what sounded like he was still able to party in his 80's...Most people are lucky to get to 80, and if they do alot of them are in a retirement home. This kind of reminds me of my great grandmother, she 92(soon to be 93) and she still lives on her own and gets around pretty good(although she toos blind to drive anymore).

Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Dad went at 77 - spoke to him two hours before and he was fine. Died in his big old armchair,just fell asleep and left, having lived a good life, and married for 57 years.
Your friend Tom was like my Gran, Jules, she knew when she was just too tired, at 981/2, just closed her eyes and left.
I hope one day I'm fortunate enough to go without becoming a burden or senile.
God rest them all.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:15 PM

That sounds cool, to go that way after living a full life. I should be so lucky. I worry about how I will go. Hope I can get a hospice worker like you. I hope I celebrate living, somehow, everyday.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: RCR
Sorry to thread Jack
I will leave before someone starts posting like a madd man ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*edit*
This is a CBR motor cycle forum.. aside from bikes, personal issues and general get to know each other topics , all others specific non related topics should be taken else where .....
Stole this from another thread.
Go look in the mirror
It isn't going to change, just like the gun comments. Each person sees each topic differently.

I hate the personal issue threads more than anything, but I just stay out of them rather than trying to get them shut down. I still think they should be outlawed *if* other off topics are but I don't get a vote.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shadow

My Dad went at 77 - spoke to him two hours before and he was fine. Died in his big old armchair,just fell asleep and left, having lived a good life, and married for 57 years.
Your friend Tom was like my Gran, Jules, she knew when she was just too tired, at 981/2, just closed her eyes and left.
I hope one day I'm fortunate enough to go without becoming a burden or senile.
God rest them all.

My dad was only 75, not that old really and he would have had years left if he hadnt smoked ..he was actually still fit and strong and riding a couple of months before his death ... he brought on lung cancer from heavy smoking .. cigars, just about his whole life he smoked them so he got away with it for a long while ... he called up with mum to see me one day and as he came up the path I just sensed something different in him, I will never be able to explain it but I kinda just knew something was wrong [] when you know and love someone you see it in their eyes, you do ...I told mum dads really not well .. a week later complaining of pain and breathing difficulties he was admitted, long story short he was riddled, secondaries everywhere and in his bones too ... I didnt want him dying in the hospital so we got him home and me and mum nursed him there .. he lasted a week at home but we talked and said our farewells ..this is harder than I though ...... ok, I was thankful he didnt linger and he didnt spend any time fading in the hospice ..we made him comfortable and me and mum were there right at the end ... it could have been so much worse but despite his advanced stages he had been living right up until admission, a week in hospital and week home with us ...

Jules