Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

watched my best friend go down

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default watched my best friend go down

well i finally was around when one of my friends wrecked. he was doing about 50 and looped it. I have never felt my stomach tie in knots like that before. watching he roll and slide down the pavement made me wanna puke.he is alright but his 08 600rr is not so lucky. i will post some pics up in a bit when my gf gets back with the camera.the woest part about the accident is we were just leaving a parking lot after talking to one of my friends that lost his leg last august in a wreck. so he was right behind us when it happened and it happened in the same spot he lost his leg. he was really shook up having to watch it. How many of you have had to watch a friend go down?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Default RE: watched my best friend go down

I was just a few feet behind my friend when he low sided going through some clovers near my house.. Another time i was with the same friend and one other, the other guy this time went straight instead of going right and hit the curb and launched himself and the bike into the grass (this one i did not see but heard it happen right behind me, thought i scraped my peg then later found out it wasnt the peg)

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

sorry for your friend but glad he's ok, was he trying to wheelie his new bike?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 PM

never on a street bike, but many many many crashes in dirt/mud/grass/water which is not quite as bad, actually usually pretty fun when you dont get injured and the bike is ok it makes for a good laugh, I knock on wood right now, i dont want to have to experience it if i dont have to. sorry to hear about the crash man! Be careful out there

Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 PM

I watched my friend go down last year, we were cruising out to a campground and his bike was running like ****....he put fresh gas in it and it seemed okay...he decided to put a helmet on(I have never saw him with a helmet) and not even 2 miles from his house I look in my mirror and see all this white smoke and then I see him slam into the ground and hit his head on the curb...I slammed on the brakes and ran back about 200ft...he was okay he broke his arm, and had a big crack in his helmet....was some crazy stuff...and I haven't saw him on a bike since...but he told me that when he gets his next bike hes never leaving without a helmet again.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, k-carroll....

i hope your friend is a-ok and recovers from any injuries quickly. i too (i think you saw my thread) wrecked (lowsided) my '08 600RR this past sunday. it sucks, BADLY! hopefully he gets his bike back together and enjoys it once again.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw 2 guys whom I just met going down a couple of years ago. We (3 of us) joined this group when we met at a petrol kiosk and decided to go together in the highway. One with R1 and the other was ZX6r. It was a straight road and they were pulling really fast when suddenly a truck lane split. The first guy tried to avoid the truck and hit the divider, flew to the other side of road, his R1 broke into pieces. The zx6 guy hit the R1 and went to the air too. I was nearly 100m at the back and the whole incident happen just like that in split seconds.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I dont even like to talk or think about it. I have seen a few friends go down in parking lots during stunt practice, nothing bad. However last year i saw a new rider go down on a highway curve, hit guardrail and he didnt make it. Then about a month ago on a group ride, 2 of the riders right in front of me went down on twisty back road, and one passed away. So needless to say i have seen a lot of extreme misfortune.

Really glad to hear your friend is ok though, hopefully nothing more than a bruised ego. The bike can always be replaced.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 PM

I watched my best friend lay my bike down in my drive way, he come in too fast and was messin with the idle screw and hit the front brakes on gravel. He was fineand it only scrached one side of the bike up. It wasfunny if it been anyone but him I would have been pissed but when it happend I was tring to see if he was ok and he was tring to see if my bike was ok lol

Old 09-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Default RE: watched my best friend go down **photos added**

yeah his ego is def. bruised...it was almost like slow motion watching it happen i never wanna see it again. jaynd i hope yours dont look like this...

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  147.1 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Size:  114.6 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Size:  136.8 KB

and yes he was pulling a wheelie...twelved it and was throwing sparks off the exhaust. after that it just slid and spun in circles.i will take better pics tomorrow the batteries died in my camera.

Quick Reply: watched my best friend go down