Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wanna know the real reason I love my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

My seatbelt does not a damn thing for me "sliding" around in my seat...but then again, I don't have a 5-point harness. That's got to be one of the more ridiculous things I've read on this forum.

Seatbelts are mandatory for one reason and one reason only...insurance companies.

You sir have some terrible seatbelts.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Or some very slippery seats :P

Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 PM

Or the seats in my Mazda3 stop me from moving or sliding.

What are you driving, a bench seat Dodge Dart? (if so, that's a cool *** car)

Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 PM

My daily driver is a dodge stratus. I drive an 08 mazda3 every other day or so. Those seats will not hold you completely in place. I've been in vehicles with seats that will really hold you down, however if they didn't have their 5 pt harnesses, I would had slid off the seat in a hard turn. I remember taking it out one day when the seatbelt wasn't yet installed. You had to hold on to the roll cage just so you wouldn't go flying out the other side.

No seat will ever hold you still alone without the belts if you slam on your brakes though. Side to side, maybe, but I really doubt it. I'm not really sure though, I've never been hit from another car in the side.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
July 2008 ROTM

The government does far worse things to you than make you wear a seatbelt. At least that one has some safety merit to it.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Seatbelts are mandatory for one reason and one reason only...insurance companies.
I would say 3 reasons. 1 being insurance.

The 2nd being that if someone does rear end you at 25mph and your face smashes the windsheild and you snap your neck the person that hit you has to deal with the fact they just killed someone. Where as if you were wearing a seat belt it would just be a accident.

The 3rd is that if you for some reason flip on the freeway and fly out your window that can do alot of damage to a person if they run your butt over or they see your body flying through the air before it smacks the pavement.

Example: I wonder if the guy that ran him over maybe hass nightmares now? Who knows (obvioulsy the pilot likes seeing bodys fly so he is the exception. lol)

YouTube - ‪car crash‬‏

Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM

I drive a 09 Mazdaspeed3 and hardly ever wear my seat belt. But as soon as I drive my wife's Camry or my dads Expedition I put my seat belt on. I do not feel like I can control either of those vehicles as much as my speed3. They take longer to stop, pull less g forces before spinning out, and accelerate so slow you feel vulnerable. That being said; Regular seat belts do not keep others safe on the road, only the person wearing them. If you are on a race track in a performance vehicle and are pulling >.9 g's then yes the seat belt will help you stay in your seat, but on an average car you are going to be losing control before your seat belt keeps you in your seat.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Obijack
I drive a 09 Mazdaspeed3 and hardly ever wear my seat belt. But as soon as I drive my wife's Camry or my dads Expedition I put my seat belt on. I do not feel like I can control either of those vehicles as much as my speed3. They take longer to stop, pull less g forces before spinning out, and accelerate so slow you feel vulnerable. That being said; Regular seat belts do not keep others safe on the road, only the person wearing them. If you are on a race track in a performance vehicle and are pulling >.9 g's then yes the seat belt will help you stay in your seat, but on an average car you are going to be losing control before your seat belt keeps you in your seat.
+1 and I'm jelly of your Speed3....

Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 PM

I hear people with this whole "face hit the windshield" sh*t, what about airbags???? I have a Tahoe and Mazda 6, I guess it was a special feature to get airbags in them!?!?! Seat belts can kill too.... CSXFan dont feel bad When i was in my late teens I got 3 by the same damn cop. I still rarely wear my seatbelt

Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
I hear people with this whole "face hit the windshield" sh*t, what about airbags???? I have a Tahoe and Mazda 6, I guess it was a special feature to get airbags in them!?!?! Seat belts can kill too.... CSXFan dont feel bad When i was in my late teens I got 3 by the same damn cop. I still rarely wear my seatbelt
The airbag malfunction light in the VW has been burning for a year now. I'm afraid it's now more likely to go off for no reason than during an actual accident now

Honestly, it's a person's choice to use it. Just like wearing a lid. If someone is prepared to live (or die) with the consequences, it's really on their head (or possibly all over the windshield and hood and asphalt and wall and...).

Seriously, did you not expect some people to chime in on safety awareness here?!?

Quick Reply: Wanna know the real reason I love my bike?