Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer - What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now to answer jpan's question:

Not entirely sure what I'd have done. I'd have to weigh the consequences as the two attackers don't give me the impression that anything short of violence on my part would have stopped them. Call the police, definitely. Try and block for the victim? Sure.

Escalate to the next step... Dunno. The laws of Self Defense and Defending Life are very very murky.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There should be no reason why 1 man couldnt handle the situation. A blow from a 14 year old or 18 should be minimal to a man. If that means that protecting somebodies life then a quick body slam should subdue the situation.

Instead of McDonald's saying we are cooperating with the authorities they need to fire everybody who could have possible intervened (males larger than 120 lbs) as well as managers for not taking charge of the "situation" and instructing several employees to handle the situation. Lack of leadership. I worked at McDonald's many years ago. There are always plenty of personal working to pull 2 to 3 aside and say give me a hand.....

Then again, childish females (teenager as well as adults) see this as a trend. Go to a fast food restaurant and act a fool..... SMH

Old 04-22-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ok...

I closed the thread while I took some hedge trimmers to a few posts. I reopened it because without those posts, it's just a report of 2 idiots viciously attacking someone past the point of helplessness. And the lack of humanity among most of the witnesses.

That said if I see a single mention of a specific race, whether the attackers or the victim or the witnesses or the guy / girl who lives across the street from you, I'll lock the thread permanently. And I will ban the poster for at least 24 hours as everyone, including new arrivals to the thread, HAS BEEN WARNED
Kuro you rock.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 PM

Now to answer jpan's question:

Not entirely sure what I'd have done. I'd have to weigh the consequences as the two attackers don't give me the impression that anything short of violence on my part would have stopped them. Call the police, definitely. Try and block for the victim? Sure.

Escalate to the next step... Dunno. The laws of Self Defense and Defending Life are very very murky.
screw the grey area of our laws. save the girl and then worry about the law imo. If I saw something like this happen, something would spark inside me (I HOPE) and allow me to take the necessary ruthless action.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
There should be no reason why 1 man couldnt handle the situation. A blow from a 14 year old or 18 should be minimal to a man. If that means that protecting somebodies life then a quick body slam should subdue the situation.

Instead of McDonald's saying we are cooperating with the authorities they need to fire everybody who could have possible intervened (males larger than 120 lbs) as well as managers for not taking charge of the "situation" and instructing several employees to handle the situation. Lack of leadership. I worked at McDonald's many years ago. There are always plenty of personal working to pull 2 to 3 aside and say give me a hand.....

Then again, childish females (teenager as well as adults) see this as a trend. Go to a fast food restaurant and act a fool..... SMH
Dunno. If I smack a 14 year old, even defending someone else, I will have to answer some questions. Nowadays, Mommy and Daddy, will scream for my blood because I hurt their baby. Instead of acknowledging their own failure at parenting raising a child like that.

And in a situation like that, with multiple opponents, the most expedient and sensible solution is take one out immediately. Taking the hits for the vic? Well you have to remember, through blind luck those two landed a good enough blows to send the other girl into seizures. It's a tough call. Doing nothing is definitely out.

But going all out isn't an option either, imo. Hell, pulling my sidearm even in warning would prolly land me Terroristic Threats charges

Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 PM

Dunno. If I smack a 14 year old, even defending someone else, I will have to answer some questions. Nowadays, Mommy and Daddy, will scream for my blood because I hurt their baby. Instead of acknowledging their own failure at parenting raising a child like that.

And in a situation like that, with multiple opponents, the most expedient and sensible solution is take one out immediately. Taking the hits for the vic? Well you have to remember, through blind luck those two landed a good enough blows to send the other girl into seizures. It's a tough call. Doing nothing is definitely out.

But going all out isn't an option either, imo. Hell, pulling my sidearm even in warning would prolly land me Terroristic Threats charges
wait wtf, this is exactly the situation where an armed man would be expedient. how can they jail you for using a gun for all the right reasons. if i was armed i would shoot once into the ceiling and tell everyone to back off. Situation controlled.

Or am I being naive?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
wait wtf, this is exactly the situation where an armed man would be expedient. how can they jail you for using a gun for all the right reasons. if i was armed i would shoot once into the ceiling and tell everyone to back off. Situation controlled.

Or am I being naive?
It'd be safer to smack the kid than to show or use my gun. In fact the fact that I was armed and never pulled my weapon would prolly work in my favor, showing I had the capacity to kill and chose not to use it. 2 unarmed attackers isn't enough to claim fear of life, especially if one is 14. Gun would have to remain holstered.

The real problem with what happened, imo, is the lack of humanity of the witnesses. 2 people tried, individually for the most part, to stop what was happening. And were ignored because it was only 2. 3+ people simply standing between the 2 girls and the victim, showing a unified front, would have likely backed them down immediately. People like that are usually very ballsy when they outnumber the victim. Outnumber them, simply threatening to tip the odds out of their favor, and they run. Which is prolly why the cop threat worked.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 AM

Have i mentioned that kUro shoudl be banned I thnk I he's th eworste mod in th e engtire cagetyogy and I I thign she shoudl die.

:iconto pimp:

booooom

Last edited by NateDieselF4i; 04-23-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
This guy CANNOT lay a hand on 'customers' or else his *** is out the door. Very few multinational corporations won't fire you if your caught striking anyone with the uniform on. Even if he could, he'd have to live with these awful violent girls friends in the neighborhood trying to get at him. From what I know, you mess with girls this psycho, and they've got 5 friends just as bats*$t crazy as them, willing to do time to pay back the slight. The guy walks a fine line and it's commendable that he does anything at all.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Have i mentioned that kUro shoudl be banned I thnk I he's th eworste mod in th e engtire cagetyogy and I I thign she shoudl die.

:iconto pimp:

booooom
Woah - late night typing. ahhahahah but I stand by my statement.

jpan - pulling a sidearm in this situation is the exact thing concealed carrys are made for.
HOWEVER - Maryland is a communist state and getting a concealed carry in MD is harder than addopting a baby from china. (EDIT: which I know is quite difficult because my Aunt did it)

Quick Reply: Violence in another Mc Donalds almost kills customer - What would you have done?