Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

U2

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: U2

... back when they first came out and you heard 'I will Follow' in a punk club for the first time, it was pretty awesome. Now we are used to their music and tired of their opinions, but they were revolutionary, like the Ramones, Nirvanna, Black Sabbath, and a few others.

+1 ... I remember hearing Sunday Bloody Sunday when it first came out and loved it. I don't really care for their later work but their earlier stuff was great. For some reason it becomes fashionable to dislike most groups as they become more mainstream.

Wildcat, I'm not sure I agree with the "fraud and hypocrites" thing. First, MSN is not exactly the most trustworthy news source lol but even if that report is true I don't see anything new in corporations/millionaires trying to find loopholes to keep the governments paws off excessive withholding. If they can raise awareness for good causes and make still stay relevant to be able to do so I say good for them. The report doesn't say anything about how much time or money they donate from their other sources of income. Bill Gates and others do the same thing. MSN always seems to have ulterior motives

All that said, the SP episode was still funny

Old 10-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U2

ELLO!!! ELLO!!!!