Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Transformers the Movie

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transformers the Movie

Transformers

Transformer Bots Revealed

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, writers of the upcoming Transformers movie, revealed the list of robot characters that will appear in the big-budget adaptation of the 1980s comic, toy and animated franchise, topped by the Autobot leader Optimus Prime and the Decepticon leader Megatron, in a live video Q&A on Yahoo! on Aug. 18.

On the Autobot side the movie will feature Bumblebee, Jazz, Ratchet and Ironhide. On the Decepticon side, the film will include Starscream, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Barricade, Scorponok, Frenzy and Blackout.

The writers also asked fans to submit a key line of dialogue for Optimus Prime on the official Web site, which will be included in the film, apparently taking a page from the publicity campaign for Snakes on a Plane, which also incorporated a fan-suggested bit of dialogue.

The writers said that the movie will rely heavily on characters from the generation one chapter of the long-lived franchise, centering on the war between the benevolent Autobots and the nefarious Decepticons—a war that plays out on Earth in 2006. Michael Bay is directing Transformers, which is currently in production with an eye to a July 4, 2007, release.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:00 AM
oNi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transformers the Movie

Yeah i loved it as a kid, and it's great seeing it come back, but being attached to the original, I am kind of dissappointed with the images of flaming optimus prime, weird **** megatron, and insect head with no hands starscream that I am seeing on the web that are supposed to be direct from the film. I hope it turns out good though.