Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Transformers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transformers...

the f22 part was the only bad part.. cause it was a lil far feched but besides htat diehard was amazing,,,,,, transformers was just to comical..... it was suposed to be a bit more serious but they made to many things a big joke.... although it was good die hard .. still beats it in my book......

and i agree 300 was amazing!!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: ffmedicgerbs

the f22 part was the only bad part.. cause it was a lil far feched but besides htat diehard was amazing,,,,,, transformers was just to comical..... it was suposed to be a bit more serious but they made to many things a big joke.... although it was good die hard .. still beats it in my book......

and i agree 300 was amazing!!
why do you guys keep saying transformers was supposed to be serious? it was based on a cartoon....

Old 07-05-2007, 01:29 PM

I'm surprised anyone could figure what was going on in that movie. I honestly could not tell who was who when they were fighting, unless they stopped moving for a few seconds.

I grew up on the cartoon so this movie was terrible in that respect. Other than that it wasn't too bad although there were a few scenes that were ripped from Bay's other films.

I also thought this was to violent for what the origingal was about.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:34 PM

seen it loved it gonna see it again

Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

I gotta say that the Transformers movie was great...and I am 44 years old. It was goofy, without being too goofy, little kids could watch it withouthaving bad dreams later, there was enough action and plot, I thought it was awesome. Lets face it, it was based on a cartoon, it will generate revenues from toys and video games for years to come, all this without sex, blood, foul language, and everything else we love in movies. Sure I'd like to have seen the little hottie run around topless for a while, but really, it was a kids movie, and for what it was, it was great.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 PM

Im all for it

Old 07-05-2007, 03:05 PM

For those to cheap to hit up a theater....here is a link to watch it on line.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/ipb/ind...howtopic=28761

Old 07-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I got to see parts of the movie being filmed a while back. They filmed bits of it here in New Mexico. I'm told that any scene containing sand dunes was filmed at White Sands National Monument (35 minutes away from my city). And the military base in the film is Holloman Airforce Base in Alamogordo, NM. (45 minutes from my town and right across the street from my Honda dealer.) I've heard nothing but astonishing things about this movie, so I'm stoked to see it.
Really? Filmed at Holloman? That's cool....was wondering about that when Isaw theF-117 in one of the action shots. Funny they didn't call in any of the Stealths....strictly F-22s. I was telling my Recruiting buddies that this movie was by far the greatest in terms of recruiting for the Air Force. My favorite line was "We can't make a stand without the AIR FORCE" (shamless plug ). It was pretty cool that Tyrese played a Pararescue Technical Sergeant (enlisted)in the movie as most of the Air Force stuff tends to focus on the officers/pilots. Don't think young adults will rush right out and sign up, but at least it gave us more visibility in terms of letting those folks know that if outdoor adventure is their thing, AF special ops (black beret) and pararescue (red beret) are available. The Air Force is mostly technical, but there are SEAL/Green Beret type career fields they can look into.

On another note, we recently had active duty folks audition/get selected for parts in the filming of Iron Man and there's a heavy AF influence like in Transformers, so I'm guessing that'llbe another heavy hitter for us in terms of advertising/recruiting.

Either way, great movie! Will definitely have to see it again.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Transformers was GREAT!!! Took my son to see it yesterday the 4th. I will definately buy the DVD.

Quick Reply: Transformers...